HDR images from a studio?

<p>Hello, <br>

anyone tried to do HDR images from pictures taken in a studio? <br />yesterday I shot some stuio and trying to get some reasonable results from them... nothing looking good.<br>

Surprisingly, too much noise on black clothes and I shot ISO 100. <br>

Any tips? </p>

<p>What camera and what settings? Were you possibly underexposed? What sort of exposure times were you using? Were the clothes on live people?</p>

<p>Were you shooting with hot lights? An 80A filter will almost always make your shadows cleaner under hot lights.</p>

<p>In general, HDR and studio photography don't mix well if there are live people, but it's a useful technique for still life or product.</p>

<p>unless you're are shooting for that really gummy, arty, fictional look that you can get from HDR, the real purpose of stitching the multiple exposures is get one shot with a few areas exposed the way you want that would otherwise be impossible. In a studio you should be able to set your strobes and reflectors up such that you can expose what you want the way you want with one exposure. I'm sure there are some situations where it's just as easy or easier to bracket light output or shutter speed or something, or if you are limited in how many strobes you have you could move them around to light different areas the way you want, but I can't imagine the technique being that useful in general; if only because fixing things in post is always more unnatural than doing it in camera.</p>