Creative networking with other wedding vendors

elaine marie

<p>I am meeting with a local florist to develop a network relationship with her. Was wondering what kinds of creative ideas you have been able to put into use to benefit your business with other wedding industry vendors?<br>

I know she is in need of some nice photos of her work for her site. Do you offer them for free in exchange for advertising on her part?<br>

Your thoughts and ideas please!</p>

<p>Thank you,<br>

Elaine</p>

<p>I always do photos for free. I make sure my website address is in each photo. If I give them an album, I make sure the photos are not removable and the album is full. I don't want them using the album for somone else's photographs.<br>

IMPORTANT - I always try to provide them with photos to showcase THEIR work, not necessarily mine. I want them to show the album to every client. If it helps them make a sale, they'll use it all the time. If it mostly showcases my work, it'll get shown less and less over time and once your contact moves on, the replacement person will probably have a photographer friend of their own. I always trust my instincts about human nature...-Aimee</p>

<p>I like Becker's view on referral fees...you can find the link here: http://homepage.mac.com/thebecker/iblog/B533212817/C2084452993/E20060807003438/index.html<br>

Personally, I would rather be referred because of my friendliness, easy-going nature, and above all my quality of work. I think networking with other vendors at events, giving them your card and saying "Hey, I would love to help you out with a few photos from this event if you'd like!" goes a long way.</p>