Tokina 11-16 availability........

<p>I am just wondering if there is a good reason why this lens is so hard to find available? Is it somehow harder to manufacture than other lens? If they are working on a marketing ploy to get people to want it, it is working, at least on me. But I can't buy one if there aren't any in stock anywhere. I'm sure this is a silly question, but surely it is something more than supply and demand. I guess a am venting a bit, but would like to hear what others think. Thanks. Joe</p>

<p>It's the story of my life... I've been looking for the same lens. Amazon has it, but the price is up to $1000, which I would never spend on it. Went through the same thing when I went to buy my LX-3... (Still can't find the case at a reasonable price...) I'm going to hold out for now. Good luck!</p>

<p>Well I have one and it has actually been in for service for 3 months now! First they sent it to Amsterdam then they fooled around there for weeks before sending it to Japan. So I guess that Tokina has some sort of a caacity issue with all the new lenses that need to be produced and the incredibly long service time of defective lenses.<br>

I did, however, see a local large dealer have several ones in store, although for a hundred euros more than Ton's price (I paid the 530 euros for it a year ago).</p>

<p>That's why when you like something, buy it straight away, life is too short to wait around. By the way, did you try sourcing it maybe from online shops from Hongkong?<br>

Sometimes shops in HK have stocks when it is hard to find somewhere else (like the LX3)</p>