Managing Web Colour - not working

<p>Hey. I'm using Photoshop - saving to web seems to wash out colours.<br>

I just found out about the sRGB problem here:<br>

http://www.creativepro.com/article/tips-for-managing-web-color-in-photoshop<br>

So I have changed via edit/colour settings the workspace to North America Web/internet and sRGB. I have then also tried converting the PSD file to an sRGB profile, and then also setting the save settings in Save to Web to Convert to sRGB but still, after all these steps, no luck; it still seems washed out in Save to Web....<br>

Anything else I can try? <br>

Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Set the camera to sRGB and follow that thru the whole process.</p>

<p>Also understand some web brousers are not color managed and you simply can not control the appearance on customers brousers and not color calibrated monitors. Microsofts Internet Explorer will give all kinds of weird results.</p>

<p>I went to a sight that explained all this and had IE open the sample on one computer and Safari open it on my Mac. They looked like two different pics right next to each other.</p>

<p>When you say "Saving to web seems to wash out colors" you mean IN Photoshop or in the browser? <br>

Only Safari and the latest FireFox are color managed so they produce previews from sRGB documents that match Photoshop. Other browsers will not, there's not a thing you can do about that. </p>

<p> </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)