Software for viewing Time-Lapse images?

golden_kevin

<p>I have a Canon Rebel xsi and have figured out how to use the EOS Utility for my first crack at doing a time-lapse sequence. So I have a couple of hundred shots of the kids building a puzzle, but how do I view them in rapid succession on my PC? I have tried my various DVD maker programs, Zoombrowser, Microsoft Picture Viewer... but whatever I try, they all seem to demand that it be treated like a slideshow with a minimum one second transition from shot to shot. What software do I use, or, is there something in the Eos Utility itself to do this with? If there is, I just can't see it. I'm lost, and any enlightenment would be appreciated. Thanks.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Hello fellow time-lapser.<br /> I use my Canon SLR to make my time lapse movies too. I use a PC or a Mac, whatever is closer at the time... With a PC I use the Movie Maker software(supplied with my Dell) and with my Mac I use iMovie(supplied with all Macs,) but the technique is similar.<br /> First, use import to input all your individual frames into your software. You can then drag or move the frames into the timeline. You can specify the duration of the frames at that point. You might have to type directly into the "duration" field. I think PC has a minimum of .1sec and Mac is minimum of 0:00:03(this is frame count) which is ultimately the same... or very close. If it asks you for a transition length, choose 0, or none, that way each frame slammed up against the next.<br /> Another technique... before I figured out how to make a short duration I used the 1 second duration, built the movie then used effects once, twice, or more times to speed up the movie. Unfortunately it needs to render the entire movie each time you run an effect and this compresses your movie each time.<br /> The tricky part is matching/combining frame durations in your movie/software with frame durations of the platforms used to view. Some video experience would help in this department.<br>

With some practice, you'll get some great stuff. See some of mine on my youtube account:<br>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/photophile">www.youtube.com/photophile</a><br>

All shot on a 20D or 30D with the TC-80N3 trigger. That little piece lets you get out into the field instead of being connected to your computer.<br>

Have fun!</p>

<p>Hey Todd, thanks for taking the time to give such a thorough response. What you're saying above seems to make sense to me and I think I can take a pretty good stab at it now based on this info. Thanks again, and I'll definitely check out your youtube samples as well!</p>