Lensbaby photo examples?

natalie_l

<p>Hi everyone,<br>

I was curious what you thought of using a lensbaby (on occasion) for weddings? For those who like using it, I would be grateful if you could post an interesting image taken with a lensbaby at a wedding.<br>

Do you find the pictures are more interesting inside or outside? or is the location irrelevant?<br>

Thanks in advance,<br /> Natalie</p>

<p>I used one for engagement photos earlier this year and the results were quite nice. They're also good for pictures like that ring shot - with the macro kit it can focus quite close.</p>

<p>I'm not sure how you would use it *during* a wedding, though. It takes much more time to focus and compose a Lensbaby shot. Even something as simple as changing the aperture is slow till you get some practice at it. The newer "Composer" model might help - it looks easier to use - I've got the Lensbaby II.</p>

<p>I've had better luck with it outside. Focusing is easier when there's a lot of light.</p>

<p>Lensbaby's are tilt shift lenses so they are more for specialty images like rings, flowers or just focusing on the faces of the B&G.</p>

<p>I have a 3G Control Freak and I use it from time to time for detail shots. One could argue that you could do the same effect with PhotoShop but I'm a technical person so I want to do it the hard way =)</p>

<p>I always have my flash attached to my camera body so it doesn't matter where I shoot, the lenses are not electronic so no TTL/aperture/shutter speed reporting, if you don't know how to shoot in Manual mode for both camera and flash then you'll have a problem using it.</p>

<p>But it's such a pain to use even with the 3G's locking mechanism. I only take it out when I'm not in a hurry to shoot, say when everyone is eating.</p>