W/NW Show Your Kodachromes

david_l3

<p>The following shots are of my two little children, Ivan and Lola. I have others that I will post if possible. All are K25 shot at 40 Leica M6, 50 'lux, scanned on a Nikon 9000 with Vuescan. I have Silverfast with the Kodachrome target but can't seem to get the hang of Silverfast. </p><div>00Tjuz-147423584.jpg.c5391cf8eca8b616611334380496d0ad.jpg</div>

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Amazing and very exciting. These photos are the reason I got excited about photography again. How depressing. They convince me again that the medium, film and Kodachrome) does make a difference in the final image. You can always argue that the difference isn't necessarily better, just a different type of image, but the photos shared above (okay, they are among your best) are clearly different and in many ways much better than anything I've seen "made" with a digital camera. Check out all the new photos on photo.net if you don't believe me. So, it's sad. I have one role of Kodachrome that I still have not got around to using. I just found it too hard to get past the taking another (digital) photo of film and slide with a scanner and then using that as the image to print. But it still makes me sad. I feel the same way about black and white film, all of them. Just never made it into the develop them at home yourself group. That's sad too. So, want to see the photo I just took of a deer nursing two fauns in my back yard yesterday? Digital and zoom lens, instant feedback and printing at home. How much better would it have looked on a Kodachrome slide. I'll never know. </p>

<p>I'm with you Larry, the "gnarling, teeth clenching and hand wringing" group.<br>

Stirring post, that makes me sad, too !!<br>

Looked at some old kodachromes, one of which I put in my gallery here,<br>

(couldn't figure out how to get it included in my forum posting above)<br>

that is about 80 years old (not my shot, taken by my extended family member<br>

now deceased) and it's sad, really.<br>

All hope is not lost. Look at some of the newer Fuji products<br>

The image saturation is there, on some of the sample images I looked, at on the web.<br>

Haven't yet shot any. But reasonable price, and hopefully, local processing.</p>

<p> </p>