Linhof Technica Replacement Bellow

gchu1970

I have a <strong>Linhof</strong> Master Technica Classic and the <strong>bellow</strong> is aged. I would like to replace with a new one. But I learnt that the original <strong>Linhof</strong> one is easy to get aged after years of usage. I'm looking for a replacement with better durability even under very cold condition, say -30 C. Would like to hear from any good recommendations.

<!-- / message -->

<p><a href="http://www.lensandrepro.com"></a></p>

<p>The only replacement that will perform with all lenses from 35mm to over 360mm and allow all movements and permit the camera to close properly is a Linhof Technika bellows.<br />The Master Technika was introduced in 1972 so your bellows could be up to 37 years old. Over that time it could wear out, depending on age, storage and use.<br />The Master Technika Classic name came about with the introduction of the Master Technika 2000 in 1995. How old is yours?</p>

<p>I sent my bellows for my Linhof Technikardan 45 to a British bellows company and they made a beautiful and supple bellows on the old frames for me for less than half the price of what Linhof would charge. They are softer and more pliable than Linhof's. Sorry Bob! They are the company, I hear, that makes bellows for Canham. It can be found at:<br>

<a href="http://www.camerabellows.com">http://www.camerabellows.com</a><br>

The woman I talked with was extremely pleasant and helpful and gave me lots of advice on how to ship and how to label things for streamlined customs navigation.</p>

<p>I concur with Rob -- last year I replaced my original Linhof bellows with a new bellows from Camera Bellows in Birmingham, England. Very nice replacement bellows at a fraction of the cost of the Linhof bellows. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with. Ask for Keith Lowe. </p>

• 1 month later...
<p>First, the internet has its fair share of unreliable information regarding large format, although photo.net is exemplary as a resource. I want to share my insight; Camera Bellows is now Custom Bellows, buying in the U.K. is NOT 1/2 the cost of Marflex. No credit card payment ability at this time, you must pay a wire transfer fee of $40 USD, you must ship USPS or other carrier and it is NOT cheap, and wait up to 3 weeks, no installation, communication is ok, but tedious. I ordered a bellows recently from CB and there were problems in important areas that should not have been an issue. CB was interested in resolving issues amicably to their credit. If I bought a $5000 field camera, I don't think there could be any question on whether to buy OEM replacement. CB is an outstanding resource when OEM doesn't exist, but there are alternatives to going offshore, Western Bellows has always come through for me. I gave CB a shot because of the glowing reports I've read on this site, but in the future I'm going to be more cautious in making decisions based upon what is written on LF forums . Just my 2 cents.</p>