How Would YOU Crop This?

mikepalo

<p>Michael, my first reaction is that the right 1/3 or so of your current crop does nothing for the picture and is wasted space. </p>

<p>I don't think everyone is saying that the vertical branches are distracting.</p>

<p>I fear that your posting such oversize photos that people need to click to see may stop some people from bothering. Please look <a href="../frequent-questions#upload">HERE </a>for photo-posting guidelines.</p>

<p>Thanks Charmian. Greg, I agree that the clone tool does not constitute cropping, but since the original poster didn't set any ground rules as to what can or can't be done to the image, I wanted to state that the decision of what needs to be in the image should be made first in order to make an effective cropping choice. If all elements must remain in the image, I would likely choose differently and probably make a choice closer to Dan or CPJs.</p>

<p>I would go for Michael's crop and cloning. But just for something different (IMO) I find it would make the image interesting just to crop off the left side of it to remove the top of that tree so the photo's a square. I think it would give it an artistic look to it, but not necessarily what you would be after being a action shot of a bird.</p><div>00ToRN-149969884.jpg.8fecd8ae1e06f3909a3885ea6c80ab05.jpg</div>