Advertisement material/brochures

natalie_l

<p>Hi everyone,<br>

I'm curious what advertising and marketing material you have/use most? Business cards... brochures?<br>

What information do you (would you) leave at a reception hall if they asked you to leave a marketing kit? I ask because a hall contacted me for a small job and asked that I send over my marketing kit. I have business cards, but havent done anything yet for weddings and events. I started off doing portraits, so my material material consists of a few brochures advertising portraits.<br>

I was on a call last week and someone suggested that I approach reception halls and offer to do an album of their space and in turn, I would create mini books which could be given to brides who go to the hall, which would be great dual advertisement.<br>

I realize that every area/region may have different methods for marketing and advertising, but I would like some inspiration.<br>

Thanks in advance,<br /> Natalie</p>

<p>I haven't needed anything beyond business cards, honestly. Most of my advertising is WOM.<br>

I recently did a brochure and stand-up display for a silent auction I donated a sitting to, but that is the only time I've been asked for something such as that.</p>

<p>We have done a little paid advertising through Google Adwords, but our website is where it is at. Nothing printed, we have business cards, but those typically are just handed out when we meet with a client about their wedding. WOM is oldest form of advertisement and in our experience still tested and true. Every once and a while someone will ask for a brochure, but not enough to make me consider printing them. We DO NOT DO bridal shows. I can't bring myself to do it. We booked 35 weddings this year without doing a bridal show....so not going to start now. Every bride we talk to about them says they are over run with photographers that are pushy and overly aggressive. I don't want to be put in that category, if even by association. </p>

<p>We do have our info on a lot of free wedding photographer listings though. That has turned up some business and helped our Google ranking some.</p>

<p>Offer that if they give you referrals - you will provide them with phots for thier albums that they show brides of weddings at their venues - for free. (I always put my name and website address right on the photos) I often did that as well as provide mini books with 4x6's of key shots that showed off the property. As a result I was on the list of recommended photogrpahers and often brides were told I was the best around. I got a ton of calls from brides that found me through the venues. </p>

<p>Natalie, In my area many of the studios have a slick brochure which includes a DVD promotional video and a slot for their business card. I've got 4x6 and 5x7 photos that have a couple of images along with text of website and contact information. One of my referral venues keeps a DVD slideshow sample from one of the weddings I did there and they'll occasionally show it to brides to give them a quick overview of what they can expect for their day. Suggest that you visit the venue and see what other local studios (& other vendors) are doing. Many venues also have the local bridal magazines on display in the same area. This can also serve to give you a contact point for contacting, meeting, and developing relationships with local pros and other assorted vendors. Good luck.</p>

<p>BTW, while you're at it, visit some local florists, bridal shops, bakeries, and caterers.....I'll bet they've got a table or a niche where you'll find promo materials from other vendors. If you ever get real ambitious with working on your marketing, check out: <a href="http://www.marathonpress.com/education/marketing-workshops">http://www.marathonpress.com/education/marketing-workshops</a></p>