coffee table books

<p>I've been playing around with the books that my wholesale club offers and am ready to find a lab that can print a decent bound book at a price point near $45. I need to be able to upload my own 10x10 or 8x10 layouts. Meaning full page layouts rather than just 4-4x6 or 2 5x7s. <br>

The whosaler's book cover is its weak link, but at sub $20 it opens up a market where a $65 book wont work. I just cant have some mom ask where did you get this, Sams?</p>

<p>Turn-around is critical as well.</p>

<p>My Publisher, Apple (iphoto books) actually are surprisingly good -- just save your layouts as jpegs and load them as single pix or background for each page. I like the fact that with Apple you can create your own pdf version without the marketing logos and such that come attached with any of the others mentioned (i.e. if you want to show them on your website, they'll be tagged with the lab's logo and info.. you can get around, but takes extra work). Mpix pretty good too (but same issue about sharing online.</p>

<p>My wife and I make custom flush mount books, but not coffee table books. If you are looking for coffee table books, iPhoto is pretty good. There are several other places that offer these kinds of books too:<br>

www.shutterfly.com, www.photo.com, www.mypublisher.com, www.snapfish.com (HP), www.kodakgallery.com<br>

If I remember right, Photo.com will let up upload your own design layouts, so this may be a good alternative for you if you are designing your own spreads in Photoshop and saving them as a .jpg.</p>