Belt system: Tamrac versus Think Tank

david_pogoff1

<p>Anyone out there familiar with either the <strong>Tamrac</strong> or the <strong>Think Tank Photo</strong> belt systems? I want one of these systems but cannot find a comparison of them, nor can I find a review of either.</p>

<p>Thanks for any feedback.</p>

<p>David</p>

<p>I have a ThinkTank system. Although I dont use it all the time, I find it comfortable and functional. As well, I dont overload it, having only 4 modules on it. I position 2 next to each other around the kidney areas as I want access to it as well as not blocking my arm swing by my side, nor interfering with crouching down. I dont know Tamrac but I find ThinkTank much more functional and comfortable than any belt system/belt pack from Lowepro.</p>

<p>When I got my belt/vest system a few years back the choices were Tamrac and LowePro; I went with LowePro. If I were to make the choice today, the ThinkTank might egde out the LowePro.</p>

<p>Still, I mix and match, and regularly use my Tamrac and LowePro gear together, so the capability to do so is important. I would need to be sure I could use any ThinkTank gear with any other system interchangeably.</p>

<p>You can interchange the Lowepro, Tamrac and Thinktank component on a belt and harness. I use whichever one is best suited to carry what I need to carry.<br>

For non-padded pouch to carry accessories don't forget tool belt pouches at Home Depot and Lowes. My 300 lens' belt pouch is actually a padded(insulated) water bottle holder from Bass.<br>

With the belt, stap and harness, fit is a personal issue. I am blessed that I was able to try and find the best fit one for my body shape and dimension.</p>

<p>It's kind of hard to compare. Both are very well design and built. I was fortunate enough to be in a big city where there is an annual photo trade show open to public and TT, Tamrac and LP were all there and you can really compare the products.<br>

Hint: buy the units and go to Homedepot or Lowes to see if there is a tool belt that can do the job. That is where I found mine are 1/3 the price. You can also try it on.</p>

<p>i owe both LowePro and thinktank belt system for years with different lens case/modules, both LP Deluxe belt and TT steroid belt are ok, the only thing make thinktank stand out is the modules, they are much lightweight, more usable and smaller size.<br>

Carry the LowePro "Lens Case 4" with my 70-200mm is like carry an RPG-7 on your waist.</p>

<p> </p>