3-4 second delay between flash pictures using D200

donald_kim_lewiston

<p>Hello, I've had my D200 for 2 years and recently experienced a problem with having a delay in between pictures when using my flash, which has never happened before to me until last weekend.<br>

<br /> I had to take multiple outdoor portrait shots of several groups of people (very much like a conveyor belt) and when using the pop up flash or my SB-800 hooked up to a Quantum battery pack, I noticed that I could not take consecutive pictures without a 3 second delay in between shots. I would take one shot and then attempt to press the shutter for a second shot and nothing would happen until a few seconds went by. The camera was not autofocusing as I set it on manual focus and it was not on red-eye mode. Any other ideas as to why this would happen?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Pop up flash uses the camera built-in battery to get charged, so if you use the built-in flash as a CLS commander to command the remote SB800, then it does not matter how strong your Quantum battery is, the flash will need to wait for the commanding signal from the popup flash.</p>

<p>Use SU-800 commander that has own battery and does not depend on the in-camera battery, and recycles instantly.</p>

<p>But we do not know how you used those flashes? You say: "using the pop up flash or my SB-800 " - rather than perhaps saying: "using the pop up flash AND my SB-800", in the CLS system automation ?</p>

<p>Check Quantum battery state, and the camera battery.</p>