" ...Olympus has been the brand least likely to yield a top performer."

GerrySiegel

<p>First paragraph of the July issue of Consumer Reports. Note, this is reported as a trend on recent year tests of point and shoot cameras. I would have to agree on point and shoots, especially on higher end point and shoots. It does seem that Olympus has left that part of the market to Panasonic, Canon, and a couple others. Being a small company they can't play in all leagues. The earlier Camedia models, like the C 5050 and the C 7070 were top notch. I guess they just didn't pull a profit. Since the micro 4/3 may be what the P and S crowd will soon seek-and pay a higher $ margin for-, with the Art Filters, and such, it gives Olympus a chance to shine again maybe in the popularity ratings.<br /> I have long ignored CU on cameras, from the days when they labeled the Canon F-1 as too heavy. (But my family agrees w CU that Kenmore washers/dryers are reliable..)</p>

<p>If you choose to read the article you may agree that they do try their best to sort out a really big can of worms in shopping for cameras. Some simplistic remarks like this however: "If you often shoot above the heads of crowds, look for a swiveling LCD".</p>

<p>CU is for the most part a bunch of clueless dolts who fail to really understand a product. Yeh, they may place a camera on a table and decide which camera tips over the easiest therefore earning a low mark, but for actually using and understanding a product CU falls way short in multiple categories.</p>

<p>I tend to find magazine reviews very subjective. In my opinion a minimum of 10 individuals should review the product(s) to achieve any review with substance. Obviously these individuals should not be biased towards any one particular manufacturer, but knowing this can not always be the case, the bias should be equally divided.<br>

If I truly wanted my Olympus to perform like a Canon or Nikon, then I would purchase a Canon or Nikon.</p>