Taking votes from Pentaxians. Color or B&W?

mcmanamey

<p>Perfect!</p>

<p>That looks better than my ACR Vibrance adjust suggestion, Maria.</p>

<p>Saw the rest of your shots in your linked gallery and see you have your work cut out for you in getting all the color temps to look the same among all the color images in that series. Did you perform a custom white balance with the 4 CFL soft box prior to taking those shots?</p>

<p>Even though it's clear you've corrected for it in your last sample I've found the farther you are from ideal neutrality when editing for skintone, the harder it is to fight adaptation in long edits to get it to look right. You can always add warmth back in if custom WB looks too cool but it seems harder on the eyes on a D65 calibrated display to go the other way especially when there's a lot of orange to deal with. Another hurdle I've had to deal with correcting color cast is maintaining luminance using ACR's color temp sliders. Don't know how it is in Aperture.</p>

<p>Also what's hard to distinguish by the eyes in this type of color cast in my experience is figuring out if the yellow is from too much green or lack of blue. It looks like you did a really good job of color balancing on quite a few in your linked gallery, but the first color shots of the baby laying down on a black drop cloth are way too yellow orange.</p>