Editing & Printing

<p>How much does a photographer spend/incur costs for editing/printing photo album ( like for example : Wedding album that has a leather covering and pages like a book without having loose pictures). Do photographers use specific companies that do editing and printing?</p>

<p>It really ranges from next to nothing to several hundred dollars.<br>

Some photographers use people who design the layout of their albums for them, some do it themselves. Some print the pages themselves then send them into companies to get binded, some have the companies print and bind. Some photographers do it all in house like myself from designing, to printing, and even making the album itself. Where you save money that way, it takes significantly more time. You really can't put a specific number on it since there is so much veriety out there.<br>

Am I safe to guess you are checking to see why your photographers albums cost so much? (just based on how you asked the question).</p>

<p>I am opening up a editing/printing service for photographers specially for albums with leather material and story book pages that will have specal effects. I believe I have a cost effective way of providing clients and customers who want to " do it yourself" way. I will be saving them a great deal of money but wanted a heads up on what to price my service. Any help is great and your knowledge is very appreciated. Thanks.</p>

• 3 years later...