FE2 mirror locking

david_waugh3

<p>I know this question gets asked quite a bit, but I haven't yet found a solution. The mirror on my FE2 gets stuck on all speeds apart from M250 and B. Have tried new batteries and cleaned contacts but still no go... If I take something at 1sec, then the mirror gets stuck and I have to swtich dial to M250 to release it.</p>

<p>I really am sorry to ask this again but I have spent hours googling to no avail yet. Any ideas would be appreciated. UNfortuantley I am right in the middle of Australia with no easy way to get a CLA :-) </p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>David</p>

<p>Sometimes a mirror will stick because the seals are old and get sticky. Another reason is the electronics need repair. My FE2 had a mirror sticking problem and it was the electronics. It would also release when I turned the dial to M250. . Basically the camera needs to be serviced. They all do eventually. Keh.com or Advance Camera, Portland, Oregon are both good places. Figure about $150.00 for repair, clean and calibrate. They always say it will be good for another 20 years but it is not likely to be true. I sent mine to Advance Camera. You can find them on a google search and contact them. </p>

• 2 weeks later...