Anyone out there had any Hasselblad Equipment stolen?

ken_wayne1

<p>"Maybe it's an American thing and I don't understand the culture, but here in Australia, people would value the effort Ken made to actually say something."</p>

<p>It has nothing to do with Australian or American culture... here in America many people would appreciate this kind of considerate behavior. It is the Internet culture that you might not fully understand. :)</p>

<p>When you click Ken's name it says his user account is deleted. It says he's been here since 2007. It's not like he signed on last week and just started posting this information. He's right to an extent though, nothing like getting a bunch of pompous photographer artists all piled up on one site. I have my crown and staff right here by my computer just in case someone doesn't like what I write, I put the crown on and then type my answer.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I have my crown and staff right here by my computer just in case someone doesn't like what I write, I put the crown on and then type my answer.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That is great, Dave.<br /> <br /> Are there any other nominees for the award "Most Pompous on Photo.net"?</p>

<p>--Lannie</p>

<p>In any case, I hope that Ken comes back, even if with another user name, or with an initial for his last name. His history of postings indicates a great love of and interest in Hasselblad photography and gear.</p>

<p>Most of all, I hope that he will reconsider leaving the site and return as quickly as possible.</p>

<p>I thought that his posting was honest and to the point.</p>

<p>--Lannie</p>

<p>Ken, I think I saw the same post as you, coincedently... I think you are right...I cant believe he's selling it for that much its crazy!!! its pennies for what its worth...for the price. Its a little fishy. for those who wouldnt care about the background of this camera...it will get pick up REAL QUICK!</p>

<p>my parents once left their pentax on top of the car and although they didnt know it, as they drove away it fell off.<br>

a testament to the durability to the camera and to the hard work and honesty some people have is:<br>

A few weeks after they had given up hope for finding it a man comes and knocks on the door. He said "heres your camera and your prints." He had taken the film out, had it developed (and paid for that service, i think he even got doubles), and drove around a city of 300000 to find the house that had me standing outside of it in my halloween costume.<br>

Ken, you might even be that same person. If so, i suggest a career in property recovery. If not, i think you made a valient effort, i applaud you. Yes, it is doubtful that the equipment will ever be reunited with its owner, but you cant win unless you play. I think that this harmless forum post is token of your honestly. A lesser person would have bought the gear and resold it for a profit on ebay.</p>

<p>We were burglarized in Olympia, Washington in 1987. Among the things stolen? A fine Asahi Pentax Spotmatic II with several lenses, strobe, calculators, and a .45 caliber pistol. The third question the police asked was, "Do you have homeowner's insurance?" When I replied in the affirmative, he closed his notebook and said, "Oh, well they'll take care of everything." </p>

<p>I applaud your efforts, Ken.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>Yes, I was burglarized in Seattle late May '09 . I was taking care of the folks for a month so didn't get back till mid June. Here's a list that I turned into the police, lots of other non camera missing item too.<br>

∑ Hasselblad 500 C/M Body with Metered PM Prism Includes Accu-matt split image focusing screen and rapid film crank [serial No. 500CM - 1289990]<br /> ∑ (2) Hasselblad 12 exposure film back for 500CM [serial No. A 12 – 3249761, A 12 - 3249762]<br /> ∑ Hasselblad 16S Film Back for 500CM <br /> ∑ Hasselblad 70mm Film Back for 500CM <br /> ∑ Hasselblad Polaroid Back for 500CM <br /> ∑ Hasselblad Distagon 40mm f/4 T* Carl Zeiss lens [serial No. 40 CR - 6675 499]<br /> ∑ Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 CF lens [serial No. 80CF - 6658203]<br /> ∑ Hasselblad 180mm/4.0 Carl Zeiss Sonnar Lens <br /> ∑ Hasselblad 500mm Tele Apotessar f/8.0 T* CF [serial No. APOTESSAR 500 6571886]<br /> ∑ Hasselblad Lens Hood/Shade For 80mm Planar Lens <br /> ∑ Hasselblad Waist Level Viewfinder for 500CM <br /> ∑ Hasselblad Bubble Level <br /> ∑ Hasselblad Pistol Grip for 500CM <br /> ∑ Hasselblad Left Hand Pistol Grip for 500CM <br /> ∑ Hasselblad Tripod Quick Release Coupling Plate <br /> ∑ Hasselblad 93mm threaded linear polarizer FILTER <br /> ∑ Nikon D70 digital SLR camera [serial No. 3114625]<br /> ∑ Nikon Speedlight SB-600 Flash <br /> ∑ Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF Zoom-Nikkor Lens <br /> ∑ Nikon AF 35-135 3.5-5.6 zoom lens <br /> ∑ Metz 60 CTI Flash (730200) model 5210, Nicads (075621), charger, Housing for battery, Power cord <br /> ∑ Tamrac 5618 TURBO CYBERPRO PHOTO/COMPUTER BRIEFCASE<br>

Not sure if that will help me or anyone here, but contact OFFICER INOUYE (206-625-5011), or DETECTIVE FREEZE (206-684-4593) with any info about CASE# 2009-200381.</p>