water mark for contest

<p>I just won a photo contest and was wondering whether I should watermark my picture for its protection. I would also like to plug my website in doing so...I am debating whether to send in my photo with or without a watemark. I don't need a link to my website. I just want to get my company's name out there. I could ask them to include my company info underneath the picture, but will my picture be protected? It is just a 700mb web resolution file. Please advise. Thanks, Michael</p>

<p>You won a photo contest without submitting a photo in advance? OK. You also tell us nothing about the terms of the contest which is important as you almost certainly had to agree to in some way in order to join in the competition. This would generally amount to a binding agreement that governs the usage on the part of the contest orginization and perhaps their transferees.</p>

<p>Watermarking would give you some degree of protection especially if it is difficult to PS out. Somehow I don't think the contest orginiization will be thrilled to have a heavily watermarked image as part of its display.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Like they said, find out what the terms are and abide by them. If it's a print contest you probably don't have much of a say, but you might be able to get them to add your business and or contact name under the credit.<br>

Also, for the record, a 700MB file is huge...did you mean 700KB?</p>

<p>I did mean 700KB. I submitted a print to win the contest and then they asked me if I could upload a digital image for their website. I have no idea about any terms - they use the photo on their site for 1 year and I get a bunch of free stuff. It is pretty laid back. Thanks for the congrats...</p>