Konica Auto S2.

<p>Great shots, Raymond, from a legendary camera. The Auto S2 is a stunning performer every time; it doesn't seem to be one of those cameras that you <em>sometimes</em> get great shots with, but instead it delivers <em>every time</em> with outstanding sharpness and excellent contrast. I loved this series of pictures; where were these taken?</p>

<p>Thanks all.</p>

<p>Andy, these were taken at various locations. Red's and the River Belle are from Point Pleasant, NJ. The statues are a 9-11 Memorial in the Eagle Rock Reservation, West Orange, NJ. The water fountain is in Verona Park, Verona, NJ.</p>

<p>Minh, I paid $26.00 with leather case and instruction. Though I did have a CLA done on it.</p>

<p>Also my first 35mm camera, purchased at an Army PX in Saigon in 1966, $35 brand new, and still works great. I use the C.R.I.S battery adapter and it works well. I discovered 45 years ago that if you have a scene that has a lot bright skylight in it, the primary subject will be underexposed. So you set the exposure by tilting the camera down about 30-40 degrees and lock in the exposure by half-depression of the shutter release, a handy feature lacking in such cameras as the Nikon FE2. (Yes, you can lock theexposure on the FE2, but not with the shutter release).<br>

The design of the camera was well thought out. Large VF/RF with parallax correcting bright lines, exposure reading on the body top as well in the viewfinder, won't let you take a picture with the lens cap on, a battery check button, CdS sensor located so that compensation for filters is automatic, built in lens shade, auto reset of picture count when opening back, a good tough finish on the camera and leather that hold up very well. The lens is reputedly modeled after the Leica Summicron.<br>

My only minor complaint is that it difficult to read what range the focus is set at, which I only needed when adjusting a flash gun.<br>

I really can't think of any camera that delivers more bang for the buck.</p>