Leica M4 sets new Auction record

hughes

<p> just some news that mighty be of interest, according to the BJP a rare Leica M4 in Olive green built for the German army has just sold for $123,700 at the Westlicht Photographica auction in Germany, this is some kind of record.<br>

Apparently prices were solid for Leica cameras overall , this is either good or bad news for Leica owners or users but it does beg the question What recession? </p>

<p>Steve</p>

<p>People who have old money are little effected by the economy. Most pulled their money out before the crash anyway ( except those who invest with Barney Matoff).</p>

<p>Now is your opportunity to start your family wealth like they did by buying things cheaply now that will inflate in value as the government prints more money to deal with their debt, commodities, gold, better housing. Investment grade diamonds may be good. Unload it all in 7 years before the next crash because the government has to deal with all the new social security recipients ( what ss trust fund). Then you buy it all back.</p>

<p>I have heard collector cars are crashed, but you see that is new money, not old.</p>

<p>The auction listing says only 30 were made in olive green, and some of those didn't have the engraving. Between the paint, engraving, and condition it's probably 1-of-a-kind now, or close to it.</p>

<p>@steve - first i must apologize in advance for correcting your use of a certain phrase 'beg the question' it means to argue the same point not there needs to be a question asked. secondly, the rich dont have recessions the poor and unemployed do. i dont think leica is going to look at the auction and think 'hey, we can raise our prices because one camera sold at auction for a ton of dough.' i wish i could afford a leica M8.2 with a nice lens line up but, it seems it was not meant to be.</p>