lightroom printing question

<p>Hello all,</p>

<p>I am printing some pictures of my friends wedding on my Epson 1400. I created a template in lightroom. I am trying to print 2 7x7 pictures on the same paper (13x19) paper. (it is all i have right now and the type of paper is appropriate to the pictures).</p>

<p>I have 2 pictures highlighted and the same picture is being place on the same paper. so on one piece of paper I have 2 copies of the same picture. I would rather have 2 different pictures on the one paper. I can not seem to figure this out.</p>

<p>I hope i explained this correctly...anyone have any ideas?</p>

<p>david</p>

<p>Bah! Tried to edit my post and ran out of time.<br /> Anyway, Lightroom's print module isn't really designed for this, but there are two ways around it:<br /> 1. Create a custom picture package template with a 7x7 image cell on one half of the paper. Print one image. Turn the paper over, print the other image.<br /> 2. Create a custom grid (contact sheet) layout with two 7x7 image rows. This is much, much less flexible about positioning and and other controls over the image, but you don't have turn the paper around.</p>

<p>Here are ready-to-go template for either:<br /> http://tinyurl.com/osv7ms</p>

<p>In the Print module, select the two pictures you want using the film strip at the bottom. Then on the right under Layout Engine select Contact Sheet/Grid. Under Layout set the Page Grid to 2 rows and 1 column, or 1 row and 2 columns depending on how you want the pictures to be laid out.</p>

<p>thanks Ted, it simplify my life just being agree with you.</p>

<p>Colin, Lightroom print module is EXACTLY design for this and way more! i use this exact feature to print 2 8x12 with crop mark and credit for model book. faster, easier, and simply just the best tool to do it.</p>

<p>I wish photoshop could do that.</p>

<p>Here's a really useful tip I came across that gets around one of Lr's stranger limitations. It allows you to create a template with <strong>BOTH</strong> multiple images <strong>AND</strong> multiple sizes on the same sheet. A bit convoluted to create the template, but, once it is done, it is easy to work with and modify.<br>

http://www.lightroomkillertips.com/2009/video-multi-photo-picture-packages/<br>

Here's a screen grab of an 8-1/2x10 sheet with 6 different photos in 3 different sizes. Still don't understand why this isn't an option right out of the box...</p><div>00TYTk-140757584.jpg.ee7135d25b3b6d61d280a6961809970d.jpg</div>

<p><br /> David Littleboy:<br /> <em>If you are on a PC, try Qimage.</em><br /> <br /> Gads, what is this "buy QImage", David? Lightroom is designed to do <strong>specifically</strong> what David T wants to do. <br /> <br /> --<br /> <br /> David T: <br /> <br /> If you're using Lightroom 2, in the Print module, right hand panel, in Layout Engine click "Contact Sheet/Grid". In Image Settings be sure that "Repeat One Photo Per Page" is UNchecked. <br /> <br /> Now do the rest of your page layout setup, control/command click on the two photos you want to print in the Filmstrip at the bottom, and print. <br /> <br /> I gang print all the time. It's an efficient way to print several smaller prints, particularly unusually sized prints, on a single large sheet of paper to minimize wastage. The trick about using the Picture Package layout engine to produce multiple sizes of several different images on the same sheet of paper is also very useful to save on paper wastage.</p>