Polaroid and medium format in one camera

<p>Thanks Jack, I had a look, not sure if i'm being thick here but it seams to be demoing the use of type 100 film rather than type 600. Are u sure you used the consumer grade 600 film and not something like the 669. Sorry if I'm missing something here, I really appreciate the time and effort your putting in to helping me. I want to be really sure I'm getting the right thing here as this is quite a big investment for me. Thanks</p>

<p>Jamie<br>

There are lots of options and I think you are getting confused between them.<br>

Polaroid 600se is a pro camera using peel apart film.<br>

Polaroid 600 series cameras are domestic products using all in one film.<br>

Polaroid 600series series film can be used either to mean film for a domestic camera or one of the films in Polaroids 600 range given numbers like 669,696,689 etc.<br>

The film you need is peel apart pack film. This film is pulled out of the camera and then has to be left for a set time and then peeled apart to reveal the image or else opened early to do a dye transfer. Another fun thing you can do is peel it apart when the image is ready and then soak the print in hot water and the emulsion will when then lift off the paper a bit like a transfer for a plastic model kit.<br>

When Jack says 600 series he means 669 and all the other films Polaroid made that were given codes of 6XX where XX is 69 or 89 or 96 etc. This is not the all in one film sold for amateur Polaroid 600 series cameras.<br>

The all in one film and a domestic polaroid is the one you need if you want to try manipulating the image. Tis was very popular with the old sx-70 cameras and film where the image was taken and then the surface of the print is pushed and distorted to modify the image.<br>

This effect was used on a Peter Gabriel album cover. Nowdays it is easier and safer to use software (IF you pucture the top layer of the print when manipulating it the chemicals released are toxic.<br>

Further to my earlier email the Universal will do what you want with the 127mm and 75mm lesnes but the other lenses do not have the coverage for the full Polaroid pack.<br>

I know the 600Se does what you need because I have one and use it for film with a 6x9 back and polaroids for image transfers.<br>

Another post mentions Fuji 4x5 film in a pack, yes this does exist but I have never seen an adaptor to use it on a 600SE or a universal, there used to be a person on Ebay engneering adaptors for Polaroid single sheet 4x5 film but that is now out of production.</p>

<p>This site is a firm that was reported to have taken up all of Polaroids old stock. The show all the stuff you need to get a good 600se kit. </p>

<p><a href="http://www.polapremium.com/news?date=2009-05-21">http://www.polapremium.com/news?date=2009-05-21</a><br>

Simon</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Simon thank you very much for you answer. I feel confident that I will be able to achieve what I want with either camera, but will probably go for the universal as it has more lens options for MF and so should be a bit more versatile in the long run. Thanks for the link as well, this looks like it will be useful.<br>

Does anyone know much about Fuji, are they still manufacturing the FP-100-c film. As far as I can tell they are but I don't know for sure.<br>

On another note, has anyone heard much about project impossible, are the films they are likely to make going to work in Universal or will it only be the consumer stuff.</p>

<p>Thanks for all the help everyone, I'm really greatfull.</p>

<p>Thanks Ian, I wasn't completely sure from your e-mail weather these films were still in manufacture or not. I will go for a universal. Thanks to everyone for all their help. I have already started to make enquireys about purchasing one of these cameras, hopefully it won't take too long. I'll be sure to post on here when I get some shots out of one. Cheers for all the help everyone.</p>