Pittsburgh Locations

matt_p1

<p>Any advice for photo locations around the Pittsburgh area. I know I want to get a view of downtown with the three rivers. I think Mt Washington is where the best viewpoint for this is from what I have read. Open to architecture, nature, wildlife. We also plan to visit the zoo and Carnegie Museum.<br>

Thanks<br>

Matt</p>

<p>PPG Place, the riverfront / Point Park, the Duquesne Incline... and if you drive from the airport, see if you can get a shot right as you emerge from the tunnel. The Cathedral of Learning at Bigelow and 5th is nice. The museums are excellent - look for museums named after extremely rich people, like Carnegie and Frick. (BTW it's not pronounced CARnegie like the Carnegie Deli and everybody else in the world say it, it's carNEGie.)</p>

<p>Aside from that... I lived there for years and it's a very nice place to live but I never thought it was much to look at. But it's easy and cheap to get in to the Pirates games.</p>

<p>Actually, the best view of the city ( IMO ) is from a park in the West End. It's up a winding road, and I don't remember exactly how to get there, but it's usually the shot of the city that you see in all of the postcards. You get PNC Park, Heinz Field, the Point and downtown. I'd give you better directions, but I've been gone from the city for two years now, and, having lived on the East End, never really spent any time on the West End.</p>

<p>I'd also check out the bridges, as there are a lot of them. The Smithfield Street Bridge ( from Station Square to downtown ) is the most picturesque ( again, IMO ), but many others are really cool. You should also check out the Strip District while you're in town, lots of cool markets and shops, as well as the old train station on it's Westernmost end ( closest to downtown ).</p>

<p>JP</p>