outside denver...

<p>I've actually never been to where I am about to suggest, BUT - my cousin lives in Denver area and she takes terrible pictures and still this place looked good in her photos.<br>

<b>Garden of the Gods</b></p>

<p>I have been to Colorado - it is beautiful. You'll find tons to photograph pretty much no matter where you go. :)<br>

Have a fab trip!</p>

<p>Garden of the Gods is in Colorado Springs about an hour south. Pikes Peak is a little further but the drive up and down can take 2 hours each way. My suggestion is to drive an hour NW and go to Rocky Mountain National Park. The road through the alpine part should open around Memorial Day which is now.</p>

<p>Here's another vote for Rocky Mountain National Park. Also, if you have the time and inclination, go south to Durango in the San Juan range. Take the drive, or the narrow-guage train, from Durango to Silverton for some spectacular scenery. There are also rafting trips in the Animas river. Have fun!</p>

<p>Hi Dan, What everone said, Great stuff. You won't have any trouble finding a subject. My only comment, I just came across Loveland Pass and the Vail area on I70 (May 26) and went through a white out. So just be careful and have a safe trip. The weather can still be tricky.<br>

jan...</p>

<p>Boulder will be easy to access. Right now we just got lots of rain, so everything is very green. The Flatirons and Chataqua Park are quite nice.</p>

<p>Rocky Mountain National Park is amazing. If you want to take a day, the drive up and back will only take about an hour each way. You can easily shoot all day there. Be sure to bring some hiking shoes.</p>

<p>Heading up north an hours drive will take you to Fort Collins. It's got Horsetooth Reservoir and the surrounding foothills. Fort Collins' Old Town is also quite picturesque.</p>

<p>Driving west up I-70 will get you deep into the mountains. You'll probably find quite a few waterfalls with all of the snow melt.</p>

<p>I don't know if I'd drive south to Colorado Springs/Pikes Peak. Garden of the Gods is awesome, but I'd rather go to Red Rocks and spend time in the surrounding areas and save the driving time.</p>

<p>Have fun!</p>