Advice

<p> Hello, so I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm looking to start shooting portrait, general off-camera flash, and eventually lead into wedding photography as i have been getting a lot of requests by various people. My problem is I don't have the equipment sufficient enough for this (example speedlites or good quality lenses). So essentially i am starting fresh and I am choosing between the Nikon D300, Canon 40D, and Canon 50d. To accompany the camera would be a 70-200mm 2.8, a speedlite, and possibly a set of pocketwizards.<br>

My concerns are with the Canon systems autofocus as i have heard that is not as fast and sometimes inaccurate and the flash would need a set of pocketwizards as the IR is not as accurate as Nikon's CLS. I figure that eventually i would have to invest in pocketwizards anyway so it isn't too much of a problem. So i come here to seek advice from experienced photographers in this field and first hand use with either system regarding the quality and reliability as well as your experiences with it. Thanks in advance for any advice and if you have any questions regarding any of it please feel free to ask away.</p>