Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #22

jose_angel

<p>I wasn't planning to submit this shot of Hector for Nikon Wednesday. I was leaning out of this window documenting a tall Yucca plant in my garden which has flowered for the first time. Hector decided to investigate the proceedings.</p>

<p>Wonderful shots this week, as ever.</p>

<p>Adey</p><div>00TU79-138371684.thumb.jpg.59974d22d7ae314a9c7bb5f3852a96f1.jpg</div>

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>

<p >Hi everybody!</p>

<p >So many fascinating pictures here again... so let me name a few of my favorites:</p>

<p > - Jose, what a start again! </p>

<p > - Matthew, love the absence of midtones.</p>

<p > - Ton, like the „lost in thought“-look of both of them.</p>

<p > - Lil, beautiful capture. I thought about converting my old D100 to IR but gave it to my sister instead. She takes colorful pictures of my niece and nephew with it and I'm happy with my decision. Maybe I try a roll of IR-film...</p>

<p > - Hamish, Martin, Gary - love the seascapes. </p>

<p > - Hasse, drummers are hard to capture but you did exceptionally well.</p>

<p > - Pedro, Alejandro, Kent - great details!</p>

<p > - David, what a jump!</p>

<p > - Chris, wow! How small was your „little monster“?</p>

<p > - Nina, love everything about your picture! Colors and tones reminds me of the lesser known cross-processing - C41-film in E6-chemistry.</p>

<p > - Torben, my personal picture of this week! </p>

<p > - Darren, great animal portraiture!</p>

<p > - Sasvata, I like the greytones in your peaceful picture.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >I'm still not sure if I like my contribution by myself - it looks a bit strange and that's why it caught my attention. I've shot the „fenced-off-wings“ with the D700 and a just acquired Nikkor-H Auto 85/1.8 in the evening. ISO 400, f1.8, 1/200sec. </p>

<p > </p>

<p >georg</p>

</p><div>00TU7I-138371984.jpg.82c69e8dbdc35df0b55db97f7b3244b6.jpg</div>

<p>Good Grief, Wednesday already? Holiday Weekends really mess with the sense of time. Today is a crop of a picture from Northern Arkansas over the weekend, no adjustments to the color or lighting. I was simply trying to capture the color of the sky. The image doesn't quite do justice to the depth and range of oranges of reality, however.</p><div>00TU8v-138383584.thumb.jpg.6df0ceca64db6d997a3c0d2cdf1cc2f3.jpg</div>

<p>Hi all<br>

Another Wendesday times goes way too fast<br>

too many wonderfull photographs so I am not going to mention any names<br>

Last Monday I went out to search for a good spot to shoot Egrets and Herons however I got to the point where the grass was taller then I am and called it quit, instead I found a nice patch of bushes and I set up my gear and waited for small birds to showup and sit nicely on the near by fance or a branch. It took about half an hour for the first one to show up I guess they got used to my presence and just ignored the fact I was there. That cannot be said about people passing by and looking at this guy (me) squatting in the bush with a big camera sticking out who knows what some of them thought I am just glad noone called park patroll or police.<br>

Anyways for my picture I chose Eastern Bluebird (<em>Sialia sialis) </em><br>

<em>Photo taken at the local forest preserve in Arlington Heights, IL </em><br>

<em>hope you like it.</em></p><div>00TU8w-138383684.jpg.c3e869134d787249cac882b4a4dc0e02.jpg</div>

<p>All very nice images as usual.<br /> Well done; Jose Angel, Rene' Villela, Matthew Brennan, Lil Judd, Gert Van Eynde and Hamish Gray.<br /> A busy week trying to decide for a 300mm and thanks to Lil, Rene' and Shun managed to decide, and after a long search finally found one and am looking forward to it.</p>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=499258"></a> <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4034258"><br /> </a></p><div>00TUA2-138391584.jpg.afb20d8c67313048c3d329cbf480c207.jpg</div>

<p>I know it is still Spring, but I feel summer in all these images. I love to see this thread growing every week...wonderful submissions as always. Thank you Jose for starting this. Cooling off at the Seattle Center fountain at Folklife festival.</p><div>00TUC0-138409584.jpg.3d2b966388b3609b326ea4e1ef82330b.jpg</div>

<p>Sorry guys, I'm late this week. Wonderful work already and I'll look more carefully later and give some shout-outs to my favourites.</p>

<p>My own contribution is a portrait of a classmate from the photography workshop that I'm currently doing.</p><div>00TUCD-138411584.thumb.jpg.71d741080aa3beb863194db68ba3704f.jpg</div>

<p>Looking at this thread for the last two weeks. Lots of beautiful images. I was in Ocean City, NJ during the weekend. Picture of the Ferris wheel from the Boardwalk. Used a D90, 55-200mm VR nikkor at f/8.</p><div>00TUD4-138417584.thumb.jpg.d4efc9b1ffc2d525ac9a25f57d823bc1.jpg</div>

<p>And now for my shout-outs... though each week it is SO hard as everything is beautiful and I often feel guilty at singling out favourites on first reaction when in fact if I came back to this I'm sure I'd be naming most of you due to different images speaking to me at different times. However...<br>

Jose, Matthew (amazing!), Hamish, Martin (thanks for the nostalgia, that boatshed was a constant feature of my school and uni days), Sanford, Ilkka (I can almost hear them), Nina (always breathtaking), Gary, Joseph, Rodger.</p>

<p>Georg - I like it, it makes me want to peek over the fence and see what the wings are attached to, nice color.<br>

Torben - Very nice color and texture in your beetle (VW that is). Thanks for the comment on the lighting, sureal is exactly what I thought.<br>

Jay - welcome and you have a beautiful daughter.<br>

Igor - I love it, where is it? It reminds me of some of the streets in Bordeaux.<br>

Gary - I like the smooth creamy look from using the long exposure.<br>

Nimesh - Nice street composition.<br>

Barry - I love the expressions.<br>

Bernard - Great portrait, I like how the cigarette contrasts the his skin.<br>

I really enjoy seeing everyone's efforts!</p>

<p>The close ups and macros take the prizes today (yesterday). Sorry for the delay, I was in transit to Europe. I ws waiting for Jose to post late Tuesday in my time zone but had to go to the Airport. Now I am jet lagged and have some very expensive internet access (~$30/24 h - ridiculous), so I better make the most of it :)<br /> Jose - love that shot, very insirping to play around with my older version if the 105 Micro. Everyone else: thanks for sharing, some amazing shots again.</p>

<p>I know cat shots are sometimes lame (at least mine are)..... but that is the only pictures I took with my Nikon this week....</p>

<p>D700, 35mm f/2, 1/15 at f/2, ISO 500, handheld</p><div>00TUGH-138455684.jpg.46d5377347ba8589bc6c754bdf775f08.jpg</div>