STE2 attached to an Off Camera ETTL Cord

will king

<p>Will I be able to get ETTL and High Speed Sync capabilities with this setup:<br /><br />Off Camera ETTL Cord connected to the hotshoe of my camera and the other end of the cord connected to a STE2. The STE2 will have direct line of sight to a few 580EXIIs and 430EXIIs. <br /><br />Some might ask <em>why not just connect the STE2 directly to the hotshoe of the camera? </em>I found an Off Camera ETTL Cord from flashzebra.com that is 25 ft long. This will allow me to have more flexibility with the placement of my flashes. So, has anyone tried this? Thanks in advanced for the help.</p>

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

<p>Yes, it should work. You are basically extending the contacts, as you would with a normal EX gun.<br>

I use an OC cable and L bracket to mount my ST-E2 when my camera is in portrait mode (the lens hood on my 17-40 is like a friggin cold war listening post) all functions retained.</p>

<p>A 25ft long cable. Hmm. Can't say I've tried that. Fears would be the extra drain on the batterries to carry the signals over that length, that and health and safety, pack some gaffer tape as well.</p>

<p>I just checked with the Canon's cord and a 580 EXII flash and it works fine with 1D3 and 40D. Just as if the ST-E2 is attached directly to the camera. I don't have any experience with the aftermarket cables though.</p>