Soft Focus/Glow/Diffusion Software

<p>Could anyone recommend a source for a good CS3/Vista plug-in that will allow me to create soft focus, glow, and similar effects. I'd prefer that it be free but I'd pay up to about $100 for something good. I've Googled and found a number of sources but two didn't respond to my question of whether their software worked with 64 bit Vista and others included a whole bunch of other things that I don't need or want to pay for.</p>

<p>Depending on what you're doing, you can do a quick-and-dirty global version with CS3's Camera Raw. Just move the 'Clarity' slider to the left a good bit, and twiddle with the contrast, vibrance, sharpening, etc. to get it how you want. You might check around online for PS actions for what you want to do as well.</p>

<p>Layer-new layer . Make it white and adjust opacity to get the glow you want.<br>

Dup background layer and add gausian blur. Between the two and erasing where you do not want the effect, you save $100.<br>

If you want highlights to glow, make a luminosity mask, refine edge, expand selection, then add blur.</p>

<p>It is all there already.</p>

<p>gaussian blur in CS1-2-3-4, applied on a background copy, set the blending mode to screen to get the glowing effect, adjust opacity to suite your need.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Make it white and adjust opacity to get the glow you want.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That will not do any glow effect, it will only drop the contrast and add a white film over your image, loosing sharpness and light..dont see the point.</p>