NC filter for 35/1.8G

zoltan_varro

<p>hi 35/1.8 DX owners,<br>

Do you know if the 52mm NC filter is compatible with your lens? Because if you go to Nikonusa, this filter is not listed as an accessory, and if you go to the filter, the 35/1.8 is not listed as being compatible with it. If I ever do end up finding a place that has this lens in stock and buy it, I'd like to know if that NC filter is compatible with it. And if it is, why doesn't Nikon indicate that on their website? thanks,<br>

Zoltan</p>

<p>Having used a mixed selection of HMC Hoya filters and genuine Nikon filters as lens protectors (their UV reduction properties are of dubious value) I would challenge anyone to pick out which picture was taken through which filter. However, if there's no fear of dust, spray or flying treacle, then I'll remove the filter altogether, since ANY filter will theoretically degrade the image quality. This is readily noticeable with telephoto lenses over 200mm in focal length, where a filter may cause a slight focus shift and softening of the image. Probably not much of a problem with a 35mm lens on a DX camera though.</p>