ColourEdge monitor and Spyder3

<p>All,</p>

<p>I have just spent thousands in an effort to get the best results from what I believe is the best gear.</p>

<p>I have an issue calibrating my new Eizo ColorEdge CG222W monitor using Spyder3 Elite 3.0.4. </p>

<p>Eizo provides calibration software called ColorNavigator. It allows you to choose other 3rd party color management products to work with it, i.e Spyder3 or Monkey etc.</p>

<p>I'm faced with the issue of using either colour management programmes and I'm not sure which is best to use. </p>

<p>I thought because it's a Eizo monitor, I would use ColourNavigator. ColorNavigator seems more intuitive than using Spyder3 Elite. I tried this at least half-a-dozen times and it would not go through the complete process. It would go through a couple of stages to display red, green and blue and then stop with an error message saying "Restart the software and retry the operation". I would try the operation again and then the same thing. Rebooting made no difference. </p>

<p>I welcome ideas from those who may have expereinced the same.</p>

<p>Thanks<br>

Stephen</p>

<p>Hello Stephen,<br>

did you connect your ColorEdge USB cable to your computer? If you are using the ColorNavigator software the ICC profile will be flashed to the LUT (Lookup Table) of your monitor. But this doesn't work when display is not USB connected.<br>

Furthermore you wrote that you are using the Spyder software version 3.0.4. You should download version 3.0.7 from the Datacolor website (www.datacolor.eu). But ensure that you use only one software, otherwise you would create a double profiling situation and this ends up in strange colors.<br>

Oliver</p>

<p>Hello Stephen<br>

I second the answer from Oliver Mews regarding your problem with the actual calibration proces. If you use the Colornavigator software, please make sure, that it is version 5.2.2 or newer, as the Spyder is not supportet in version 5.0.<br>

In regards to your question which software to use I recommend - when using the EIZO ColorEdge monitors - to use the supplied EIZO ColorNavigator. This software is written specific for calibrating the EIZO monitor and does so directly in the monitors LUT, where the Datacolor software has to be able to calibrate all types of monitors and calibrates on the graphic card level. So on this particular monitor you will get the best quality by using the EIZO ColorNavigator software.<br>

The advantage of the EIZO CG monitors besides their exceptional quality is also, that you can change profiles trouble free, where the monitor automatically sets all monitor settings correct without the need of a new calibration og manual adjustments. This only works if you use the ColorNavigator software. In the ColorNavgator software EIZO has also made specific measuring and adjustments to the supported calibrator units, so they does an even better job on the EIZO CG monitor, so you really have the highest quality and convenience by using the Spyder3Elite calibration unit together with the EIZO ColorNavigator software. A perfect match.<br>

Congratulation on your new equipment and your way towards perfect colors.<br>

--Klaus</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>All,<br>

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry that I did not come back to read these response earlier - my email alert did not work.<br>

I have since discovered one important thing which I read in another forum. One must only load one calibration application on their PC. If both are loaded, the compete against each other. I have since un-installed the Spyder3 callibrarion software and now have no issue using ColorNavigator.<br>

Thanks again. Stephen</p>