Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #21

jose_angel

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>So many strong entries already - makes me work harder each week that is for sure! Well done.</p>

<p>For my photo this week is a photograph from the Norman crypt underneath Oxford castle. This is one of the earliest surviving ecclesiastical buildings in the UK and to be there gives one a strong feeling of history and past events. It is supposed to be haunted (no surprise there). I used my F3, 24mm N.C lens and Kodak 200 film. Exposure was around 2 minutes.</p>

<p>LOL... Thanks Eric :-) The photo I wanted to post today looked totally different after posting than it did originally on my screen, almost as if it had been stretched and unsharpened - definitely unusable... strange, as I've never had that problem before. <br /><br />Anyway I have decided to try a completely different picture instead to see if that works.<br />Taken on Sunday.</p><div>00TPa3-136241684.jpg.4a5d5e2752b26dab07f24ea3b95689bd.jpg</div>

<p>Jose: Looks sharp to me, nice starter<br />Per-Christian: very intensive<br />Lil: you are nice and early today, nice picture too<br>

Mine was taken a while ago after a meeting of the company where I work.<br />I like the colors and the composition.<br />Taken with the fantastic D90 and 18-200, 120mm F5.3 1/25s iso 800<br>

Wonderful wednesday again</p><div>00TPa9-136243584.thumb.jpg.119ec62be034f276378f0340c40d34b3.jpg</div>

<p>LOL Where do I start? <br>

<b>Harmish???? </b>What's with you? Still have a hang over from the weekend? <br>

<b>Paul???</b> I gotta say thank you but c'mon! You are embarrassing me! I don't see your pic.... is it my comp or you haven't posted yet?<br>

<b>Hector....</b> Wait a sec! I didn't say I made a mistake! :) The software did! :) & no flash. By the way, beautiful colors.... well done!<br>

<b>Lil...</b> You are early tonight! I will let the little monster you said hi! He's not back from school yet! Also that is a lovely bird! Any close ups? <br>

<b>Jose....</b> I love the way you played with the DOF! Great!<br>

<b>Eric..</b>. Thank you but you've done it again with a really great night shot!<br>

<b>Anish...</b> Beautiful! That's Italy, right? <br>

<b>Justin....</b> I really like the action and the expression on the face. well captured!<br>

<b>Per-Christian...</b> You gotta love your 180. I have shot of a sea-gull taken with the same lens. <br>

<b>Bernard...</b> Beautiful! Nice colors!<br>

<b>My shot...</b> well, I just checked. I processed it on NX2 and I checked the H/Ts. It was just fine. I saved the NEF file as GPG and imported it into Aperture. I forgot to checked and I resized & exported it again with Border FX. Now I went back and according to Aperture it is hot. I think Aperture does something to the files when importing. Uhmmm! I gotta figure it out! Specially with the red color. Any inputs? <br>

Great shots everyone! Sorry I don't comment on all of them but so far it is another great thread! Cheers!</p>

<p >Jose, great start!</p>

<p >René, the rose looks like molten steel - I like your picture as it is.</p>

<p >Gary, at first I thought you are trying to smuggle a Hasselblad or Rollei-picture into this thread - a truly classic picture.</p>

<p >Per-Christian - the seagull looks quite self-confident - cool shot.</p>

<p >Pedro - another classic picture - great!</p>

<p >Justin - the monk (?) seems to enjoy his appearance - nice natural colors and good timing.</p>

<p >Ton - great portrait!</p>

<p > </p>

<p >My contribution this week is a feature about young readers. The girl below enjoys reading as much as playing outdoors and she liked the idea to „read“ sitting on the climbing-frame.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Nikon D700, AF-D 85/1.4 Nikkor at f1.6 - ISO Low1 - 1/2500sec. A SB-800 in Highspeed-sync-mode at half power shot through a small softbox (high and left) was adding a bit contrast on this overcast day.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Enjoy and please excuse my english, georg.</p>

<div>00TPbK-136258084.jpg.d03014789454d7a44c4dca33976db29f.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks Rene.<br>

No, it's not Italy - that's St Pauls overlooking the Millernium Bridge in London :)<br>

Rene - that's a great shot. Macro's something I've yet to try out.<br>

Jose - great!! its been kinda cold this past week, hopefully summer should be round the corner<br>

Bernard - nice shot, you can always catch this beautiful glow in the evening for most of the year in Dubai.<br>

Lil - another beautiful pic</p>

<p>I think I should hold off my comments until the middle of the week when more pictures have been posted!</p>