TLR Close-up Lenses -- Spiratone, Rolleinars...

mcblue

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I bought a complete set of Spiratone close-up lenses ($45 with case) for use with my Yashica TLR. Are they any good or would I see a big difference with the Rolleinars and should I get those as well? Thanks...</p>

<p>Still hunting for bay 2 Rolleinars. I need at least #1 for a project I have in mind. Bay II accessories seem harder to find than both Bay I and Bay III accessories (not sure if this has always been the case).</p>

<p>I use the Rolleinar 1&2 quite a bit and find them exceptional:<br>

http://photo-utopia.blogspot.com/2008_07_13_archive.html<br>

I haven't used the Spiratone ones so can't comment on their quality but if they are as good as the Rollei ones then you'll love them.<br>

I sometimes stack the 1&2 together and still get good results.<br>

As for them not being common in bay II fitting, I just did an ebay UK search and turned up about half a dozen or so so they can't be that rare....</p>

<p>Micheal, thanks. Nope, I haven't shot with them yet. I was testing the another camera so I set aside the accessories I bought for the Yashica.</p>

<p>Mark, thanks. Ebay in the US doesn't come with a lot of bay II stuff unfortunately...</p>

<p>Hi Marvin.<br>

I'm wondering what Yashica TLR you have that use Bay II Rolleinars ...<br>

I have a Yashica Mat 124G -the last TLR build by Yashica- and it use Bay I accesories!!<br>

I have pretty good results with Rolleinars 1 and 2, but I found the "1" more useful. I don't have experience with Spiratone lenses.<br>

What I have is the Yashica's Wide-Angle and Telephoto add ons. They're garbage. </p>

<p>Hi Juan, sorry for the confusion. I mentioned that I was *also* looking for bay II stuff for my Rolleiflex.</p>

<p>I might as well keep the spiratones in lieu of the rolleinars. I was just wondering if I would see a difference with the rollei close-up lenses. The vendor who sold me the spiratones told me the original rolleinars would be much sharper.</p>