Critiques for noobs

squeri

<p>I've shot some portraits and I'd like some non-family/friend input. All the work on the critique page looks REALLY good and I know mine doesn't. Is it OK to post critiques here in the beginner forums?</p>

<b>Moderator's note:</b> When you post a new thread to this forum, it states at the top of the page:<P>

<i>This forum is for beginners to ask basic questions about technique or theory.<P>

This forum is <b>not</b> the place to ask for image critiques or to discuss ratings.</i>

<p>You don't have to be a pro to put images in the critique area. Why don't you upload some to your photo gallery here, that you want some comments about? May I also make a suggestion if you are relatively new to photography? If using digital, shoot everything and anything. Don't worry about the significance of the subject. Carry your camera and shoot manhole covers, or trees, or whatever you have in your area. Study the lighting you use, the placement of subjects in your composition, and see what you like? Pick a subject (any subject) and shoot a dozen images of it with different lighting and framing, and start to see what you like. But do let us know where to see your pics (and don't be afraid to share them).</p>