Am I missing something?

arch_stanton1

<p>Hi there<br>

Am I missing something?<br>

Camera rucksacks seem to function very well for carrying my slr and lens and other photo kit, BUT I've yet to find a bag that also allows me to carry my coat, an A4 magazine and a couple of 750ml bottles of water on the outside.<br>

I've bought two bags so far thinking they would do, but they're not very functional, and I can't seem to find the answer to this question by searching the Internet.<br>

So what do all you guys use?<br>

I can't be the only one who wants to carry a book or magazine, my lunch, a coat and some water in a rucksack together with my camera gear?<br>

Thanks for your help.......</p>

<p>My fastpack 250 has a water bottle pocket on the size and a laptop compartment that you could stick a few magazines into. It has an upper compartment above the camera section that could cary a lunch, but if you want something big enough to carry all of that plus a coat you're going to need to find something bigger. A camera and a few lens take up quite a bit of space afterall.</p>

<p>I mix and match. Using LowePro here, Tamrac there, and whatever else works and makes sense.</p>

<p>Take a look at the <a href="http://www.outdoorresearch.com/site/water_bottle_tote.html">Outdoor Research Water Bottle Holders</a> . They have wide velcro flaps that hook onto everything from a belt to a camera bag to a D-Ring to a carabiner. They say they are for 1 liter bottles, but I have slipped 1500 ML bottles into them.</p>

I have a LowePro Dryzone Rover. It comes with a Camelbag, so no water bottles necessary.

The camera compartment easily fits my EOS 30, three lenses (& extender), ballhead, small flash, cables, hoods, film and filters. Top compartment has enough room (aside from the camelbag) for things like a medium-sized jacket, food, a water filter, etc. I've never filled it completely so far. Tripod straps to the back, leaving full access to both compartments.

Oh, and the camera-compartment is 100% waterproof, and floats...