Dust

<p>I have a Canon 24-105 IS lens which all of a sudden has been getting dust inside at an alarming rate. I have been told it is not cost effective to have it pulled apart and cleaned. Has anyone dealt with this or should I just bite the bullet and buy new glass?<br>

Thanks for any advice, Michael.</p>

<p>glass inside the barrel will not affect image quality at all. I remember when I started B/W photography back in middle school, we had slr with lenses that had dust and some sort of bubles inside. Did not affect my pictures at all and I remember my instructor saying something about those lenses, I remember he said that even if you put a penny directly infront of the lens and shoot, it will not show anything but a mear smudge, so I doubt dust inside will affect your images. Just learn to live with it or ask yourself why you got dust in the first place. If you buy another one you might have the same thing. I have an ef 50mm f1.2L, its supposed to be "sealed" but after two years of ownership I see a small hairlike thing inside, it doest bother me because I tested all my images and it does not sho.</p>