What is the best forum speciliazing in photoshop and photo retouching for photographers?

<p>Good subject. I would just like to make 3 points:<br>

1. On most Photoshop subjects, I still think Julianne Kost is the definitive Photoshop authority. She is also the official Adobe "evangelist", her videos are great (still waiting on CS4), and her Web site has many CS4 and other recent additions. If you think brains are sexy (I do!), this woman is HOT!<br>

2. It could be argued that any kind of global sharpening on faces (which seem to be a big issue here) is a no-no. I do a lot of portraits, and NEVER globally sharpen. That is what the sharpening tool is for. When the eyes, lips, and hair are right, for example, there is less need for drastic complexion fixing.<br>

3. Videos in general are often the best way for many people to learn. Beware of both outdated books and videos, because much of the conventional knowledge from even a few years ago has changed.<br>

4. Once you've learned a comprehensive variety of techniques, the best workflow (IMHO) is still looking hard and long at an image before even beginning the post-processing. If you get habituated into any particular workflow, you are going to miss the art of understanding what each individual image needs. It's like treating everyone you know exactly the same way.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>There's nothing wrong with Julianne Kost, but then there's nothing wrong with Matt Kloskowski either. Both do a fine job on videos, and in what I've seen of the LR 2 videos from both, Matt's are a tad better at explaining the demos. JMO</p>

<p>However, this forum is by far the best that photo.net offers when it comes to post processing info and help. </p>

<p>I too would like tips and critique on improving my photoshop skill. I have to admit I use a skin blur layer with a low opacity setting and I'm pretty pleased with the results but I'm always looking for a better way. I would love to know how you get that magazine quality look without doing it. </p>

<p>Here's one I just retouched of a friend. I'll give the before and after. </p>

<p>Also if anyone wants to critique anything I've posted I'd love to have some input. </p>

<p>I think the examples Bill posted are phenonmenal and I would also like to know how to get closer to that look.</p><div>00TGeE-131873584.thumb.jpg.5915368df8b245f113a549fd01a4d4f7.jpg</div>

• 1 month later...