Capture NX 2 - how to automatically apply settings on file open?

narayan

<p>Can anyone tell me how a bunch of settings to be automatically applied every time I open a raw image in Capture NX 2? My goal is to have the settings I use while processing start at a different point from those I use while shooting. Thanks.</p>

<p>You can copy settings from an image that you're working on and apply them to other images in a batch process. I do this all the time. You can select the steps that you want to copy using either shift or control and the mouse. Right click on selected steps and choose the 'copy adjustments' command. Then go into the NX 2 image view pane and select the images that you want to add the steps to. Right click on a selected image and select the 'paste adjustments' command. Then go and have a cup of coffee.</p>

<p>I have standard edit steps that I add to all of my images in batch. I then go into individual images and make local adjustments and crops. The steps are now part of the image file and they will be applied whenever you open the file. And it's non-destructive so you can always disable or remove individual edits.</p>

<p>Jason Odell has written an excellent guide for NX 2. I highly recommend it. He also sells instructional videos which I've never used. I'm sure they're very good too. Choose whichever fits your learning style.</p>

<p>http://www.luminescentphoto.com/nx2guide.html<br /> http://www.luminescentphoto.com/nx2guide/videos.html</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks! The batch option is a great idea since I want the settings to apply to all files. Yes, it is an additional step but definitely worth experimenting.<br>

Another question: Can a bunch of settings be applied automatically to all files when transferring them from camera to computer (using Nikon Transfer or View NX)?</p>