Capture ONE 3.78 and up file sorting

<p>Hi,<br>

I am having a hard time sorting files to multiple folders. It looks like I have to keep assigning the next folder as the MOVETO folder. this is not just slow, its also having to go back and forth to explorer app etc, with 50 folders, just doesnt help. Anyone have a better way? Can you move files in Explorer or AcDSee and then expect to see them in the proper folders in C1?<br>

thanks!<br>

Phil</p>

<p>Im not sure why I have been told by a few, including my sales guy for the Phase /c1, that I wouldnt be able to move the files around like that I describe above. But I just did move some not so critical files, and I used ACDSee(surely any browser will do), and I was able to move them around with no prob. I hope it doesn't do something to the folder or file later on..like shortcutting to it, then you delete the files from the one folder thinking its in the other..etc. But so far so good. Perhaps all this time it was just C1's limitation, not that you couldnt do it from another program.</p>

Did C1 not release the file browser until v.4? If I understand your problem, I'm thinking you should just be able to open the

file browser, which shows as a tree on the left side of the window (where the adjustment panels are). Keep that open when

organizing, and you can simply drag file(s) onto the folder they belong in.

That said, gonna have to ditto Patrick (except I went the Aperture route, but I think you're on a PC).<div>00TCuJ-129577884.jpg.e2d08033241273b15358f59c3056010a.jpg</div>

<p>HAhaha...<br>

It looks like it is simply done in a file browser. I had gotten bad info, or bad scotch.<br>

I was afraid it had "sidecar" data or something that would mess things up. But it is Simply moved. there is just no specific commands to move via the C1 other than the "Move to..".<br>

I don't know why my sales rep and a few folks have said you couldn't... Rep also said to come down and take a look at all the new stuff etc..hehehe.. he may have been referring to something particular within C1?<br>

Well thanks for the clarification TM.<br>

As far as Lightroom...For me, ts like learning a new OS, and I don't want to switch my thinking back and forth for 1 program. :-) I would think it does have more controll than the 3.78 version I run. I just have not need it. Besides I can do it in CS4-raw. The curves work rather well in C1, and the sharpener is very nice and crispy.</p>

Well, glad I could help you out there. Creating a reference to a raw file when "moving" it is something that C1

<i>doesn't</i> do. Aperture uses these libraries that I admit I'm still getting used to (and I don't remember how LR

manages files). <br><br>

In many ways, I like Capture One. I've always gotten pleasing results. Admittedly I find the noise controls are a little

over-zealous at times, but all in all it delivers very good output. IMHO, it's web contact sheet alone is worth having the

software, so on my HD it will stay. <br><br>

Sadly, I was just up against so many technical glitches and inexplicable crashes that I finally had to move away from it

(rather abruptly when I was trying to get through 2,000+ wedding photos). Heh! I guess it really is asking too much for a

"one-software" solution. <br><br>

Anyway, glad I could be of some help! Happy photo-ing! <br><br>TMC