Have Old K-mount 35mm cameras to give away

jemal.yarbrough

<p>I have a bunch of old k-mount cameras sitting around. So inspired by Javiers' traveling camera, I am willing to give them to photo.net forum members for free (just pay shipping). They are in various states, from nearly perfect, to needing a battery, to a lube and adjust. Basically its a crap shoot since I've never used them. I think shipping is $10.00 or less. I only ask that once you get a roll of film through the camera, you post it to photo.net ala Javiers' traveling camera, and that when you tire of it, you pass it along to someone else.<br>

The cameras are a KS Super, Ricoh TLS 401, Pentax PZ-10, Pentax SFXn, Pentax SF10, Chinon CP5, Pentax ZX-M, Chinon CP7, Pentax ZX-50 (2), and Pentax ZX-60.<br>

Hopefully this doesn't violate the forum rules for selling stuff, but I really have no interest in selling anything.<br>

Jemal</p>

<p>Jemal any of the Pentax a K-mount if so I have a few lenses and would like to try out a film camera again. let me know what I need to do for shipping. Don't know much on Pentax 35mm cameras so I will let you decide what would be best. Love outdoor shots more than anything, Landscape. wildlife. and people</p>

<p>Wow, I am so thrilled with the response. My email address is jemal.yarbrough at gmail.com. It is also the address for my paypal account. Shoot me an e-mail with your address, and I will mail off the camera and you can reimburse me shipping once I know the actual amount. <br>

John-Paul I'd love to try to Vivitar 19mm. That would be excellent. <br>

Jeff the TLS is reserved for you. I may even have an old screw mount lens to through on it.<br>

Jordan i'll send you one of the ZX-50's. If you decide on something else let me know.<br>

Nick the SFXn is all your's buddy.<br>

Antoni, just curious why no on the Zx-50/60? I'll hold the PZ-10 for you, unless you want something a bit sturdier then KS super might be the way to go.</p>

<p>Javier - yeah, my gf looked at me like I was crazy. But the truth is that these are tough economic times for everyone, we love photography, and the cameras only have interest to a select few of us. So instead of letting them sit there unused and going to waste or throwing them away, I figured for my birthday, I'd just give gifts to the wondeful folks in this forum! Most probably just need a little tender love and care, some just need a battery. One may need a LBA.</p>

<p>Hey, I'll shoot an emai, but Matt would love to check out the Chinon's (only one, maybe?) and the PZ-10. We don't want to be too greedy.... so I'd say the Chinon is higher on his list, since he's got something specifically in mind for it. It'll be cute, I promise (but not sickening).</p>

<p>Happy birthday Jemal.<br>

<br>

I am interested in ZX50/60, if one is still available. I will email you also about it. I am thinking about doing some wide angle with slide film. Another thought is to do some IR in Summer when the foliage is fully grown.<br>

<br>

Thanks for such a nice gesture.</p>

<p>Subho </p>

<p>Jemal, nice show of generosity and I hope you have a happy birthday. In the interest of preventing camera/beneficiary mismatch, a warning on the ZX-60 - these require autofocus lenses, even Pentax-A won't work. Other than that, they're fine--allow Av/Tv/P, AE-L. The ZX-50 also offers exposure comp, will work with Pentax-A, and shows shutter & aperture in the viewfinder. Both of these are among the very smallest and lightest SLRs ever made.</p>

your pn email is not workingf<br />

<br />

if a k mount camera is left I would like one

mt special need is a sigma or other YS or a vivitar tx.

too much to hope for would be a short vivitar tx zoom.

if you have a 28 or 35 or short fixed mount zoom. I have one of each.

let someone else have it.

But a k body or a lens of other size would be used.

I was given a Ricoh tls ( m42, metal shutter) very heavy,

but the stop down metering is not good for me as my eyes are not good.

I can compose and focus, but it is hard with most m42 ( stop down

metering)cameras.

I am a bit slow getting backl as I had a crash ( frequent happening with

older pc's and used parts)

<p><br /></p>

<p>What a generous offer. I don't need any of the above gear as I already have quite a bit. I'm just glad to see it offered to other PN members.<br>

And the 19mm Vivitar is a fun lens. I used to have on in Minolta MD mount, but after I got a Tamron Adaptall 17mm I really didn't need it so I sold it.</p>

<p>This is a funny thread because I have been accumulating K mount bodies. I have enough now that I might use them for a class. If I can remember them all I have three Vivitar V4000S bodies, a Vivitar V4000, a Pentax K1000, two Sears KS Auto bodies, a Ricoh KR-5 Super, a Ricoh XR-S and another Sears body which has automatic exposure only. The TLS 401 is, of course, an M42 camera. I have a black TLS 401 body which now has a 55/1.8 Takumar SMC lens on it.</p>

<p>Jeff - Why is it funny?</p>

<p>Everyone - It is easier to respond one time here: 1) I think all of the camera's have been spoken for; 2) Jemal.yarbrough at Gmail.com is both my e-mail and paypal address; 3) the camera's will start to be sent out Friday, May 1, 2009. Hoping to do it in 2 shipments. I will confirm individual shipments by e-mail. </p>

<p>Jeff - ah. I'm a bit slow. The bodies are nice to have, I just realized that they were adding unnecessary clutter to my place, and that I would likely never use them. So rather than just let them waste away, I decided it would be better for me to give them to a good home. LOL. Don't think I didn't keep a few film bodies for myself though. :)</p>

<p>Camera's have gone out to Nick S., Antoni T., Jordan D., and Subho B. Shipping is $11.00, each.<br>

John-Paul, I still need your shipping info.<br>

Jeff, the TLS will go out next Friday/Sat.<br>

Brenda, I have another ZX-50, but the pop up flash is broken. :( The KS Super is still unwanted, but it may be too basic for a beginner. Your call. Let me know which you want.<br>

Walter, let me see what's left and I may have a camera body for you next week. <br>

Maria, the Chinon I was gonna send to you and Matt was the black one. I also have a gray and black one, but I'm not sure if that's what you mean by Satin finish, but that one is missing the battery door on the bottom. I think I still have it though, so if you have a preference, then let me know. I'm holding them both for you guys, but the PZ-10 went to Antoni's son. I still need your address. </p>