horseman roll film holder - couple of noob questions

ivan_vaschenko

<p>Hi everybody,<br>

I beg not to kick or punch me - I couldn't find the manual for this one.<br>

I got LN horseman 10exp/120 film holder. I didn't put film in it yet, I wanted first to try if everything works fine. <br>

So, lever spins the take-up spool, but it doesn't affect counter. Other spindles and rolls don't seem to move it either. Is it broken?<br>

How would I know that frame is fully advanced, is it just one turn of advancing lever?<br>

There's a little thing with arrow just under the end of advancing lever, what is that?<br>

Thank you!</p>

<p>The counter only works with film in it. To transport the film after you made a photo, you pull the lever in the direction of the the arrow. A spring will return it to it's original position, then you transport the film by turning the transport handle about 1.5 times.<br>

To correctly load the film, you put the film on the opposite side of the transport handle, pull the paper along the pressure plate and transport until you see the arrow on the backing paper in the hole of the pressure plate. Then close the holder and transport until the counter reads 1.</p>

<p>I'm sorry, I didn't get it. By "lever" you refer to that little thing I mentioned? And the "transport handle" as I suppose the big thing... why is it 1.5 times. Does it matter that my holder is for 6x7 frames?<br>

How does the back know that the film is in? Is there a way to test counter without film?<br>

Thank you so much!</p>

<p>Take a look here:<br>

<a href="http://martyfoto.host.sk/horseman/horsemanVHR12.html">http://martyfoto.host.sk/horseman/horsemanVHR12.html</a></p>

<p>You may have a roll film holder for a 4x5 camera, but it works just as the 6x9 versions.</p>

<p>Frank has explained most of it already. No, there is no way to test the counter without loading film.<br>

Make sure to load the film correctly (arrow in the hole of the pressure plate) and run some tests with your first roll. Horseman roll film holders are among the very best, very easy to use and seldom fail.</p>

<p>I have a Horseman 6x9 holder. To transport the film you have the pull the handle about 1.5 times. It locks when the counter reads the next number. 6x7 might be a bit different but I doubt it. With the lever I do indeed refer to the little thing you mentioned.<br>

Good luck, Frank</p>

<p>There is a way to check the counter. There is a small switch above the spool from where the film is going to start, right in the groove where the lid of the holder will come and press it. Once You press the small switch with a knife, You can turn the leading roll next to this spool and the counter starts moving.<br>

Not too useful a knowledge but an explanation anyhow.</p>