Voigtlander Perkeo II Problem

<p>Yesterday I did a test with my new Perkeo II. I used a Kodak Portra NC and here you can find what I got.<br>

I have a light problem but I can't find the origin. At the begining I thought it was a hole in the bellow, but after 10 minutes looking around with a hand lamp in a very dark room I could not see any hole. Now I am thinking the left upper side of the camera back is the problem, but I don't know how to confirm that. The backdoor close perfect..... Any idea about?<br>

warm regards<br>

federico</p><div>00T96Z-127525684.jpg.91f7a7fca203e3bfeb93ce94bcd6b7ea.jpg</div>

Since it's on the bottom left, look to the top right as you held the camera to take those photos. Memo holder, or film pressure

plate mount has punctured through?

If it's a rollfilm camera, perhaps you loaded or unloaded in bright light and maybe the film was not wound tight enough. Also

possible it snuck in at the lab when they were souping the film.

If it's camera-related, it will be in the same spot every shot. If it's film handling issues, it will change position along the roll.

-Ed

<p>Yes....It's consistent frame to frame. The light leak appears in the bottom left corner in every frame. If the ambient light is strong, the leak appears more definied. If the position relation is totally inverse, then the problem -as Ed said before- is in the upper right corner. In the right side of the camera I can see and area where a light seal is. It is vertical with about 4 milimeters wide and around 4 or 5 centimeters long...May be a new seal is what I need.... who knows... By the way, the film is 160 ASA and the Perkeo II has its own red window cover and it looks ok.<br />Thanks</p>

<p>I use an older electronic flash unit to look for bellows leaks. I start by inserting the flash unit into the bellows and fire the flash into the back of the camera. In your case pay close attention to the top right side as you face the front of the camera. Check both where the bellows are glued to the camera - and - where the mount to the front standard. </p>

<p>The only way to check to see if the problem is with the rear door is to use gaffers tape to cover the seam of the film door and shoot some film in day light.</p>

Best Regards - Andrew in Austin, TX

Many here are quite sure it's related to a seal or a bellows problem. Is it always within the framed negative? I soemtimes get streaks with Super Ikonta, but I've determined that it must be related

to lack of tension on the spool as the streak extended to films edge. Just a theory and easily

verified. I'm still getting leaks with a 645 folder that befuddle me! Beautiful exposures none

the less! These big negs are just killer..

<p>I had some problems with a Zeiss Ikonta where I had some light leakage. I thought my problem might have been at the film gate, so I ran a strip of black electrical tape along the edges. It turned out the problem was somewhere else. However, the hinge on my Chinon CS was loose and it also resulted in light leakage. I did the same thing with the electrical tape on the film gate, and that did fix the problem until I tightened up the hinge. I haven't tried it without tape yet.</p>

• 4 years later...