WedNEsDAy PiC #17

jose_angel

<p>Hi all; after two weeks with the new 50AFS I`m starting to get used to it... probably bokeh and sharpness at wider apertures are what make me to take this lens instead of the f1.8 version. In my own tests my 1.8 is still a bit more resolutive but, don`t ask me why, I prefer the AFS "kind of sharpness". At a first glance the plastic construction didn`t take me but now I`m liking it, the hood is great, I love not to have moving barrels outside the main body and although it`s a big lens it handles very good. I like how it feels (balance?) on the D700.</p>

<p>This urban shot has been taken at dusk, wide open, 1/250 with a D700 @ 800ISO. All camera tricks off.</p>

<p>Please, feel free to post your <em>Nikon</em> pic if you like: as usual, check the file size before posting. Thank you all.</p><div>00T8c4-127215684.jpg.2a855e47a9a65180c74be3d6489194f8.jpg</div>

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>

<p>Last Wednesday I got on a hype by all the great pictures posted on Wednesday Picture #16 thread and so, after work, I went out chasing some amazing clouds in the sky. About 3 miles from my workplace there are these very large fields which are only for pasture, but some of them are filled with these lovely yellow daisies.</p>

</p><div>00T8cG-127216284.jpg.2b7b645a267ab22b76d32e0cb55bf3cc.jpg</div>

<p>Wednesday again...<br /> Jose, not sure I like the bokeh on that 50mm lens - certainly not the highlights.<br /> Mikhail - I love Pacific Grove - so many photo opportunities.<br /> Pedro - clouds are rare here too - though we had some good ones lately too.<br /> Hector - nice dramatic landscape.<br /> H. Ting - wild<br /> Gary - lovely owl, nice composition<br>

Robert - another beautiful portrait - she got lovely eyes<br>

<br /> Had time for a little walk Sunday morning and this little sparrow stopped just long enough for me to take a shot.</p><div>00T8ce-127227584.jpg.c85db406113bad2771e202b0cc287d14.jpg</div>

<p>Some lovely photographs again already. Pedro, I think clouds are what make each country different - and the ones in your photograph are very nice indeed.</p>

<p>My photograph is of Lyme Regis - a favourite destination of mine. The light always seems nice there and on this occasion a few days ago the town was lit by a gap in the clouds whilst the jurassic landslips of Black Ven beyond were in shadow. It only lasted a moment, but thanks to the wonders of automatic metering and motor wind I was able to get a picture before it passed.</p><div>00T8cj-127229584.JPG.451ee63830225aeda4ee648a8014c544.JPG</div>

<p>Nice shot Jose love the reflected colours in the chairs, and a weird conincidence since the shot I had choosen for this week also involves chairs, bokeh, f1.4 and a European city!<br>

Taken in Cork, Ireland on Friday evening while I had a couple of hours to kill waiting for my wife.<br>

Nikon D80 + Sigma 30mm @ f1.4, 1/640, iso100</p><div>00T8cp-127229684.jpg.737783bd496c6df79b57f9df686961ca.jpg</div>

<p>I'm back from all my travels finally.... and have just updated/activated my copy of NX2 (the trial expired - boo) so while it may be another 24-36 hours I have a photo taken in Jerash Jordan that I am itching to share.</p>

<p>Can I say that over these past weeks while overseas I have religiously logged into this thread every Wednesday / Thursday and have been absolutely inspired by the wonderful work here. This includes from old photo.net friends and from new posters. Thanks all for being one of the really cool little parts of my week wherever I am in the world.</p>

<p >Well at last I can begin to talk about spring. The ice on this lake is finally beginning to melt.<br /> According to the locals, there was supposed to be lots of bird life here, but I didn’t see more than a couple of ducks and they were way over on the other side. So I had to find another subject. Fortunately I had also taken a wide angle with me and was able to do another boring landscape :-)</p><div>00T8dE-127235584.jpg.62566dcfb4774b16a1684c5013ff5e83.jpg</div>

<p>In my travels / life experience, I have noted that the Catholic Church in most towns is usually to be found in the primo real estate locations, elevated with views, in the tree lined, leafy suburbs etc. The Catholic Church in my home town is no exception, it shares the high ground with the local golf club.</p>

<p>Nikon D700 + 70-200mm VR at 140mm, taken from the top most tee off point on the golf course.</p><div>00T8dF-127235684.jpg.7100a05f9461b17571b01e669899cf20.jpg</div>

<p>Mikhail, Hector and Dieter: we don't have these clouds very often, but it's been a mix of sun and rain these last few weeks and I guess I am just lucky to live/work in a place where the mountains lift these clouds =)<br>

Cheers,<br>

Pedro.</p>

<p>Thanks Héctor.<br>

Dieter, I agree, even more, highlight ring spots are usually ugly to my liking. I wanted to mean out of focus areas (excluding highlight points... ) in comparison with the 50/1.8AFD. They seem definitely less harsh.<br>

Shawn... I prefer yours!</p>

<p>Good morning! Another very productive Wednesday! Great shots here again. Gary's Owl and Matthew's church really stand out. Our weather in Upper Michigan has been dreary...not much for photography. So, this is another image from Red Rock Canyon. It's with my D300 and Sigma 10-20 mm at f13, 1/200 sec, iso 200, 10 mm, handheld. Have a great day everyone!<br>

Dick</p><div>00T8eH-127247584.thumb.jpg.94df51e1bc275e7c1576cd74bb04b89d.jpg</div>

<p>Nice to see so many new faces last week and it feels great to be back in landscape mode. </p>

<p>Greetings from Scotland. Beautiful country, love the green rolling hills and the shetland sheepdogs, the shetland ponies, even the shetland cows. People here are wonderful but driving on the 'other' side of the road is a cardiac challenge.</p>

<p>This is one of the many castles here. Think it's called Fyvie. Used a D300 and one of my wide angle lenses......</p>

<div>00T8eL-127249584.jpg.d61348db40f7ee365e5d6f848cd26a02.jpg</div>