dvd slide show software that suports .raw

neil_ewins

<p>Hi Every one</p>

<p>I am trying to reduce my post processing work flow, one of my jobs is a dvd slide show of stills set to music. However the software i currently use only supports .jpg. Does any one out there know of a package that will allow me to input .raw format to make a slide show to. Also somthing that will allow me to rotate images in the slide set up? I currently have to use Light Room to convert to jpg which equals more time, duplicate images and time.</p>

<p>many thanks</p>

<p>Neil<br><p>

MODERATOR NOTE: Studio name deleted as per policy. Contact and business info should be on your Community page which is linked to your name when you post. Cheers.

<p>No. And for a good reason. Raw files are enormous. As well, it doesn't take that long to export some jpegs. Our workflow requires about 8 hours or less of work to fully edit a wedding and less than 4 hours for a session at most unless we are super busy. If it's taking longer than that perhaps consider farming the work out to give you back that free time you've been wanting. :)<br>

Check out places like www.appointeddesign.com or www.photodotedit.com</p>

<p>I really can't see why anyone would want to do this. I'm not sure what your workflow is like. But it never took me that long to just throw the images into a batch processor and then send them to my slideshow program. In my case, I just used iphoto and idvd.</p>

<p>Perhaps instead of a new slideshow program you should be using a faster/easier RAW converter? Or just shooting JPEG? Or shooting JPEG+Raw?</p>

<p>Unless your RAW images are all color balanced and exposure corrected, which by definition a RAW file is not, you are only transferring the workload into your slideshow software. Somewhere you have to correct those RAW images. I fail to see any advantage to having a slideshow program handling RAW images. JPG works just fine.</p>

<p>Perhaps the original poster does not realize how low the resolution is in a DVD slideshow? It's basically 480 lines of resolution when displayed on a TV monitor or computer screen, which is very LOW resolution. It looks good on a TV, but if you compared it to your RAW files, it's miniscule. JPEG is MORE than adequate for creation of these slideshows, since the images are being boiled down to DVD resolution anyway. And, you should be converting your RAW images to JPEG or other format anyway for output.</p>

<p>Even at high definition resolution, there are only a maximum of 1080 lines of data displayed either interlaced (1080i) or progressively (1080p). Most computer monitors these days are 1024 x 768 or higher, which is nowhere near your camera's RAW resolution. And as stated above, the RAW has to be processed anyway to look like you intended. That's why they call it "raw".</p>

<p>In short, cut the cord and use JPEG. The DVD software makers do it that way for good reason.</p>