Cellphan paper/bag

arkadiy_chernov

<p>Hey Guys...<br>

Posting here an old picture, and asking you if anybody experimented with a piece of cellphan paper or bag in front of the lens to create effects. The following picture has ZERO photoshop on it. It's just a piece of transparent plastic bag in front of the lens, and taking advantage that our Pentaxes are SLRs...I just created a ghostly shape, and pushed the button...<br>

Anyone with similar ideas??? =)</p><div>00T3gV-124781584.jpeg.0ad4b7442903ad7ec1f53cda8317759c.jpeg</div>

<p>Cellophane is also a good soft-focus filter for portraits or floral photography, as I've used on many occasions, normally I use my 135mm f2.8 prime lens for half-length portraits, and my 50mm f4 macro or 100mm f4 macro for floral photography. The effect is similar, but not as extreme, as spreading Vaseline on a skylight filter, with the benefit that you do not have to clean up afterward.<br>

Another good effect you can do with cellophane is to simulate the effect of a pinhole lens or zone plate/zone sieve lens. With a 28mm or 24mm lens the result can be spectacular. <br>

Also wad up then straighten out the cellophane, stretch over a lens, and use a polarizer and a polarized light source. The polarizer turns the crumpled cellophane into a rainbow of colors! </p><div>00T3iY-124801584.thumb.jpg.e1979fac8782f3748dab1a5976cb7052.jpg</div>

<p>Cellophane is also a good soft-focus filter for portraits or floral photography, as I've used on many occasions, normally I use my 135mm f2.8 prime lens for half-length portraits, and my 50mm f4 macro or 100mm f4 macro for floral photography. The effect is similar, but not as extreme, as spreading Vaseline on a skylight filter, with the benefit that you do not have to clean up afterward.<br>

Another good effect you can do with cellophane is to simulate the effect of a pinhole lens or zone plate/zone sieve lens. With a 28mm or 24mm lens the result can be spectacular. <br>

Also wad up then straighten out the cellophane, stretch over a lens, and use a polarizer and a polarized light source. The polarizer turns the crumpled cellophane into a rainbow of colors! </p>