<p>Hi again, i have just received LR2, and im going to spend a wee bit of this weekend getting organised, i notice that from the trial version i had that i have many folders in the library (date as name) but i would now like to get them into correct folders, i just moved some into the named folder i wanted, but it would seem that the pic will become saved at its current state of processing, i didnt mind this, but wouldnt want this all the time, i read earlier that it could be better to have just to folders ie Finished and unfinished, i guess that would work better, as once they are moved to finished, they are in essance finished. Could you give me any pointers on how to get myself sorted (simple as poss pls) as i'd like to start in an organised fashion.<br>

many thanks<br>

mark</p>

<p>The general recommendation with Lightroom and other database-based organizers is not to use the filesystem for organization at all. You put them in a relatively simple folder hierarchy, and never touch the file location again. Instead you use keywords, color labels, and other metadata for organization.</p>

<p>With Lightroom I don't save finished copies of files. It's a waste of disk space. After I've done with the finished version whatever I needed to do (print it, upload it, mail it to someone, etc.) it gets deleted -- I can always recreate it by exporting out of Lightroom again.</p>