first communion

john_valjean

<p>Greetings, bunch of my friends at church asked me if I would be willing to take pictures of their kids for their first communion. I have an xti that I will use. Lighting is so-so inside the church and no flash is allowed. I am thinking to use my 50mm all the time and use my legs as the zoom. Anyone has done this before? I would love to hear some pointers. The other lenses I can use are the 25-135IS or 24-105L IS. Thanks ...</p>

<p>John, I have done Confirmation in a very poor lit church with awful flourescent lights. My advice is to get permission from the pastor to move very close to the action. Use your fastest lense. Use ISO 640 or higher if they only want 4x6 or 5x7. It will be difficult because they (mass) will not truly slow down for you to photograph everyone ideally.<br>

Good Luck and show us the results</p>

<p>I have a PDF lesson on how to photograph First Communions at the link below, but it is only for paid members, but you can take a look at the cover and get some ideas.<br>

Also feel free to e-mail me with any questions and I will see if I can get you going in the right direction. We always do the photos beforehand in the chapel or set up a portable setup which goes over very well.</p>

MODERATOR NOTE: Website signature link deleted. Email address deleted The only place for your URL is in your Community page. Members can find your website and email on your Photo.net Community Page.