Who will be first to produce a LCD VF advanced amateur camera, Canon or Nikon?

<p>There is a micro 4/3 sub-forum on Rangefinderforum, here:<br /><a href="http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146">http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146</a></p>

<p>Many folks seem to be disappointed that their Leica M-series lenses on the G1 don't look all that much different from the Panasonic's kit lens, due in part to the firmware correction in RAW of off-axis and chromatic abberations when using the kit lenses. This has them thinking that the problem is the G1. Really, the problem is that Panasonic has figured out how to correct an otherwise ordinary lens in firmware, yielding an image quality similar to camera systems costing thousands more.</p>

<p>There are also those who are dissatisfied with the G1 because they expected it to replace their full-frame dSLR.</p>

<p>Myself, I'm very satisfied and impressed with this camera. It's a tool, and deserves the respect of working with it sufficiently in order to fully bring out its potential. You must take the time to understand its benefits and also its limitations, like any tool.</p>

<p>As for the quality of the EVF, I think it's stellar. It tries to maintain constant brightness, so it's not an exposure aid; rather, it's like looking through an SLR but the scene is always the same brightness. Except it's better, because you have focus information, overlaid data, playback review immediately after taking a shot, and with manual focus lenses you are constantly previewing depth of focus while also maintaining the brightness of the image in the display.</p>

<p>Oh, and the G1 has the articulating, folding 3" LCD also. There are many who use the LCD exclusively. That's one of the things I like about this camera, its flexibility to be many different kinds of cameras to many different people.</p>

<p>As for the title of this thread:<br>

"Who will be first to produce a LCD VF advanced amateur camera, Canon or Nikon?"<br>

I'm thinking Panasonic has already produced such a camera.<br>

<br />~Joe</p>