Whats the best value system brand selling in Adorama?

<p>Because of this forum I know Alien Bees are the best option for a limited budget. But the problem is that they only sell by phone to international orders.<br>

I like simplicity and my english sucks. I always have suded BH and Adorama for international orders to Mexico. They have reasonable shipping rates.<br>

So, whats the best system (best value) selling in Adorama? Flashpoint, Dynalite, etc?<br>

I already have two Savage 300 w monolights and three budget adorama 100w monlights. They work fine but the Savage needed some repairs already. I would like to buy some more power (monolights and powerpacks) and a portable system in the future, and would like some recommendations. Keep in mind I would prefer something Adorama or BH sells.</p>

<p>Carlos Rodriguez</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Dyna-Lite, if your budget permits. It's not in the same category as Flashpoint or Savage, nor Alien Bees. It is lightweight and portable, and can be run off battery power.</p>

<p>If you can afford it, go with Dyna-Lite (if you want a pack-and-head system rather than monolights). A bit more costly up front, cheaper in the long run.</p>

<p>Your english is fine, Carlos. I'd be proud to speak a second language. No worries on that. But those New Yorkers at adorama and B&H <i>are</i> some fast-talking, impatient folks on the phone! :)</p>

<p>Michael<br>

I don't disagree with you re: your suggestion that New Yorkers can come across as a bit impatient (especially being a native Brit!). <br>

However, that is absolutely no excuse for lack of customer care or politeness, and I would want to be informed, directly, if any customer contacting Adorama felt they were being unduly rushed or disrespected.<br>

Sincerely<br>

<strong>Helen Oster<br />Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador</strong><br>

<a href="mailto:helen.oster@adoramacamera.com">helen.oster@adoramacamera.com</a><br>

<a href="http://www.adoramacamera.com/">www.adoramacamera.com</a></p>

<p > </p>

<p>Helen, it's good to known you're here! Rest assured, in my many dealings with your company and with B&H, in those instances where I've needed human help, it's been cheerful and forthcoming. Your websites are so full-featured that most things can be done there--very convenient. I'm a chatty Southerner, so I have to remember to get to business when dealing with some New Yorkers. My impression has been "business-like", not "rude".</p>

<p>I've only had one bad experience w/ B&H-- after dropping near 7 grand w/ them in a year, they then sent me a cheap 9' Savage background that I didn't open (b/c the shoot got canceled) for about 4 months. When I did, it was a roll that was ripped and was repackaged-- assuming by the vendor that got it to B&H. B&H wouldn't take it back and refund or replace my order. With as much money as they've made off me, I was upset that they adhered to their time policy for returns so strickly (it never occured to me that I'd need to check such a product).</p>

<p>IMO, Speedotron is the best value for studio lighting. If you want portable, then I do like Dynalite. More portable, but less speed and power for the buck. There's always a trade off.</p>