pay with credit card via... phone?

dalayo

<p>I'd like to know if you know a store where I can pay using my credit card but not using internet, something like "as seen on TV" stores.<br>

<br /> The main problem is that I live in a country were people only can spend 400 US$ using credit card via internet, but if you travel you can spend up to 2.500 US$, then if I need to buy a Canon EOS 50D I have to fly to another country, or make some “cardholder not present” transaction.<br /> <br /> Do you know some place that could make business with me?</p>

<p>I used to buy stuff from BHPhoto over the phone because I was afraid to put my numbers in the computer. You can tell them your numbers over the phone or send them a money order and they will just wait for it and ship it out then. I have no idea about buying stuff outside of the US however. I do not know if they ship there or what happens with customs etc, but you can call them up and ask.</p>

<p>Try Paypal. They are the Ebay charge system, but can be used for other purchases. They are, rightly, very careful about authorizing transactions, but do not impose a limit. Another option is bank transfer, but you really should trust the dealer to use that payment method.</p>

<p>I agree with Geoff - I've ordered from B&H this way.</p>

<p>As for Paypal, I stopped using it. Amazingly, a lot of junk mail and phishes stopped the minute I did. Until they get a handle on that, I'll never go back to using them.</p>